chapter twenty-seven

The joker and raven Quinn are no more

After I wipe my eyes, I walk back into whatever building I'm on top of and walk down all the stairs to the ground. It had started to rain some time on my walk. Favorite weather on the worst day. I had started crying again but I don't know when. I sit on top of a cop car. Slowly reaching behind my neck I take off my 'PUDDIN' choker, I look down at it before I throw it off to the side.

Then the guys walk out of the building. I wipe my eyes and lean back. I smile and wave, "Hey guys. I'm back" Deadshot and Diablo come the closest. The soldiers keep walking but the bad guys come to me. "I missed you all so much"

"We're glad you could make it," Deadshot says. My smile falters and tears rise up in my eyes. Deadshot comes much closer and helps me off the top of the car. He sets me down and walks away.

"Hey craziness" Boomerang says and tosses me my bat. I catch it and look up at K.C and Diablo, they don't say anything but they wait for me to go. I walk and follow the group and they follow behind me.

We all walked to where Waller's chopper went down. A soldier opens it to find it empty, they walk back to Flag who talks for a second before they all start to walk again. Slowly I fall into step behind them. I sigh my mind still on mister J.

I don't notice when Deadshot grabs something from inside the chopper and storms to Flag. he throws the book at a car catching Flag's attention, he flinches slightly before turning to Deadshot, "you gonna tell them what the fuck is going on?" Deadshot is fuming, "if you don't, I will"

We all go into a bar when Deadshot reveals why the hell we are really here. I get behind the bar and put my bat on the counter. "Whatcha having, K.C.?" I ask

Even when Deadshot is down he can still joke "Bloody Mary, right?"

"Drink dulls the mind." Killer croc shakes his head

"K.C., it's the end of the world. Have a drink with us." I pour myself a drink

K.C caves, "Beer."

"There he is. Give the man a beer." Boomerang chuckles

I pop open a can of beer and give it to him. "How about you, hot stuff?" I look to Diablo. "Water." he says.

"That's a good idea, honey." I poured him a glass of water. "Ninja? You want some sake?" I look to katana "Whiskey." she says.

"Whiskey." I nod

Deadshot looks at the shot I gave him, "What am I, 12?" I refill his shot glass. "Here's to honor among thieves"

"I'm not a thief" katana grabs her drink and moves away.

"Oh," deadshot lowers his voice, "she's not a thief"

We clink glasses and drink. "I actually prefer to think of myself as an asset relocation specialist," Boomerang says.

"Hm" deadshot nods, "well, we almost pulled it off. Despite what everybody thought"

Diablo looks over to Deadshot, "we weren't picked to succeed you know that, right? We were all chosen to fail."

"Yeah, I know that" Deadshot nods, "the worst part of it is they are going to blame us for the whole thing. They can't have people knowing the truth. Were the patsy's, the cover up. Don't forget, were the bad guys"

"See, I was born with the devil's gift. Kept it hidden for most of my life" Diablo looks to us, "the older I got, the stronger I got. So, I started using it, for business you know" he says, "The more power on the street I got the more Firepower I got, like this shit went hand in hand. One was feeling the other. Ain't nobody told me no, except my old lady. You know she used to, uh, pray for me. Even when I didn't want it." He holds his hand out creating a woman dancing in fire on his palm. "God didn't give me this, why would he take it away? See when I get mad, I lose control, you know? I just... I don't know what I do" he puts his empty cup of water over the woman on his palm. "Till what's done is done" the woman fades away.

"And the kids?" Boomerang asked.

"He killed them..." I look away from diablo and to boomerang. I look back to Diablo, "didn't you? "He looks sad, almost in tears in fact. "Own that shit. Own it! What'd you think was gonna happen? Huh?"

"Hey raven," Deadshot says.

"What do you think you could just have a happy family? And coach little leagues and make car payments? Normals is sitting on the dryer, people like us, we don't get normal-"

"Why is it always a knife fights every single time you open your mouth?" boomerang interrupts me, "ya outside, your amazing, but on the inside," he lowers his voice, "you're ugly"

I match his tone of voice, "we all are" I look away from him and say louder, "we all are!" I nod to K.C, "except for him, he's ugly on the outside too"

"Not me shorty" he takes his hood off, "I'm beautiful"

"Yeah, you are" I grin and nod.

We all look up when the door opens, Flag walks in and takes a seat next to Deadshot and Diablo.

"We don't want you here" I say.

He looks at all of us, "get to the part in the binder where it said i was sleeping with her?"

"Yeah" deadshot nods, "I've never been with a witch before, how is that? Apparently, that's why the creatures chase him all the is because the witch is scared of him"

"The only woman I ever cared about" he sighs, "is trapped inside that monster. If I don't stop the witch, it's over, everything is over. Everything" Flag takes off his wrist thing that could kill every one of us and smashes it on the counter, "you're free to go"

I go and check mine in the mirror even though J had mine turned off, Boomerang gets up and leaves. Flag reaches under his vest and pulls out letters and passes them to Deadshot, "your daughter writes to you every day." the top letter has a drawing on it and says restricted, "every single day"

he grabs his gun and gets up to leave, deadshot stops him. "You had these the whole time?" Flag nods and he looks ashamed, "you had letters from my daughter the whole time" he takes a deep breath, "I'm gonna get you there. And you're gonna end this. Imma carry your ass if I have to. Cause this shit is going to be like a chapter in the history books. Everybody's gonna know what we did. And my daughter is going to know that her daddy is not a piece of shit." he turns and leaves next.

Flag looks to all of us, before he turns and leaves too. I shrug, "I'll come". I walk around the bar to leave but reach over and grab my bat. I look back at K.C, Katana, and Diablo who haven't moved. "What, like y'all have something better to do?" they don't move, "pussy's' ' I leave. They join us and we all walk. During this walk Boomerang shows up and walks next to me. We follow the pretty lights in the sky. We lean against a building to see if the coast is clear so of course, we don't die. Boomerang uses his boomerang which has a camera on it. He throws it and we get a full view of what this witch is doing. 

"Think that thing is a weapon?" the pretty lights in the sky is something she created, it sucks in every metal and kills everything that goes in it. This guy who must be the witch's brother spots the camera and kills it. 

"We gotta take out the big one" Deadshot says.

 "I left a big ass demo charge under the subway" flag says. "there's a flooded tunnel that leads right under it. The SEALS can get to it. Put it under those big things, y'all get in its face and distract the hell out of it and boom. The swimmers can blow the bomb. That's how we take him out."

We meet up at the stairs with the SEALS, I reload my gun and check it. Katana cries to her sword. This may be when we all die. At least I'll be with Puddin.