chapter twenty-five

Bad guys

We come across a big ass building where we are told we will need to rescue the HVT1. we slowly approach the building, the very top of it is crowded in an orange haze. Slowly walking to the door, the soldiers have their guns raised. "Waller, we're about to enter, get that chopper ready" I can hear Flag say quietly.
The soldiers are couched outside the building watching it to make sure no creatures will attack us yet. Deadshot just walks up there and says, "we say let's get this over with" to flag. Flag looks up at him "hound. Get back. You'll get shot" he says but Deadshot doesn't listen. He walks to the big glass doors. The door shatters as he opens it, the soldiers slowly rise before they follow Deadshot, we follow too. "Do you mind if we tag along?" Flag asks deadshot, although it's not really a question.

We go to the front desk; I look around while they check security cameras. "Oh, looks like we have a spot of luck, aye" Boomerang says, "A walk in the park, easy peasy"

"Don't make me shoot you" Deadshot glares at Boomerang.

While they were all talking, I found an elevator. I get inside and hit the eight-floor button. The elevator dings while they walk up the stairs. I look at them through the glass, one hand on the railing and the other holding my bat on my shoulder, I look down at them and wave with a smile on my face.

"Raven" deadshot says as if i could hear him. They all start to run up the stairs now. I turn and lean against the wall taking my phone out of my pocket to see what J said to me.

PUDDIN: I'm close, be ready...

I smile softly as a creature brake through the roof and grabs me by the throat. I gasp and punch him; he doesn't falter and I grab my gun and shoot him in the side of the head. I look at my reflection in the glass and tighten my pig tails. I smile at my reflection as a creature breaks through the glass to get me. I'm pressed against the doors; he manages to punch me and I dodge the other punch. I force him against the wall grabbing his arm and flipping him over my back and onto the ground. I go to hit him with my bat but he grabs me from behind. I wiggle a bit trying to get out of his hold, I groan and run up the wall and ceiling flipping back and slamming my bat down on his face. I blow out a breath and sigh.

The elevator reaches the floor and dings open, Flag, Deadshot, K.C and Katana stand there with their weapons ready. K.C growling, ready to attack. "Hey guys" I smile and step over a creature. I walk straight through a few soldiers and the others. I turn and look at them when they don't walk, they just turn and look at me, "Come on. Let's go"

They sigh but follow. We walk into this room that is full with a bunch of office desks. We all walk quietly until Flag says, "hold"

"I don't like this Flag" Deadshot says.

"I don't like it either" he agrees.

Deadshot pulls on his mask, I smirk and look away from him, "pussy"

"I will knock your ass out; I don't care that you're a girl" He turns on his laser eye piece. I smirk and glance at him. K.C growls and sniffs the air like he's smelling someone. Not even a second later multiple creatures fall through the room, I look around before I duck and run past some desks. I move by the window and shoot one. Deadshot shoots some and Boomerang has a knife fight with one. He would be dead by the knife in his chest if it wasn't for all the money he had there.

One grabs me and flips me around; I take that to shoot another one. I get behind him and wrap my bat around his neck holding him in place with my arms and bat. I bend backwards and shoot one of the creatures. I shoot the one in my arms as Deadshot yells, "Captain Flag again!" he shoots the one he had and charges for Flag. I groaned in response. A creature drags him under a desk and they start to carry him, "get off me! Get off!"

Not wanting us to die, Deadshot, Boomerang, K.C and me all kill the creatures that have Flag. Katana joins, we all crowd around him not letting him out past us, "Let me fight!" he shouts.

"You die, we die!" Deadshot yells back.

Diablo just stands there watching all of us. "Let's get a move out!" Flag yells. We keep our eyes on Flag as we walk.

There are ten times the number of creatures when we leave that room. The railing is glass, Boomerang and another guy drop to the floor for protection. Diablo once again doesn't do shit. Deadshot gets frustrated and pulls his mask off slamming him against the wall, "where you been homie"

"Is ain't my fight" he says

"Know what, you don't stand for shit" deadshot puts his finger in diablos face, "you ain't about shit" he shoves him back against the wall again.

"Don't touch me man" he warns. Boomerang crawls on the floor.

"Don't touch you?"

"Don't touch me"

Deadshot touches his bald head, "whatcha you gonna do?" Diablo tries to push his hand off his head but Deadshot doesn't let up.

"Don't touch me!" he yells, getting increasingly pissed off.

"So somethin!"

"You wanna see something?!"

"Yeah, I wanna see something" Deadshot nods.

"Oh, you wanna see something?" I can tell Diablo is reaching his breaking point.

Deadshot nods again, "yeah i wanna see something"

Diablo shoves deadshot away and steps forwards, all of the anger he had travails through his body to his hand and he lights every single creature on fire. It's incredible to watch, fire coming out of this guy's hands. I peek out of the room, my mouth open in shock. I step closer and close my mouth. Deadshot even stands there in shock, Diablo turns back to us panting slightly.

"I was just trying to get you there" Deadshot says, I can tell he may be a bit nervous, "Phill Jackson, we good right?"

I come up behind Diablo and wrap my arms around him, I place a big ole kiss on his cheek, "I knew you would come through" i say before i walk away

"That shit crazy" deadshot says.

We all go to the stairs and climb them to one of the top floors, Flag tells us to wait while he goes to get the HTV1. I lean against the rail waiting, I have no idea who this HTV1 person is but they better be the president or something.

Getting over the fear of being killed by a creature there is the worry of Flag getting killed. If he dies, we die and that would be fucking pointless reason to die.