chapter thirteen

alone

Alone, again. I've been alone for what? 3 years? I moved out when I was sixteen, lived alone, basically did everything alone but I've never felt more alone than this. The joker has avoided me every way he can. He makes a maid deliver food to my room in the morning and at night he eats dinner before I do. Dinner is the only meal time that I leave my room for. Ive been granted more privileges to walk around. Its been almost two weeks sense he fucked me, although i didnt want it at first i have to admit it was some of the best sex of my life. The last few days have been rainy so I just stay in my room. I've already explored the rooms I'm allowed to go in and the places I'm allowed to go.

I sit on the floor of my room just staring at the window watching the rain fall and listening to the thunder and lighting snap. The same maid who pampered me those two weeks ago walked in dragging a clothing rack behind her, "Mister J says he has your sizes but men may have gotten them confused with other measurements. Stand up and undress, leave your bra and panties on"

I look over at her, "what's all this?" I look at the rack, lucky it's not all dresses this time, there are shirts, pants, and pajamas.

"New clothes" she says like I'm an idiot.

"Well i can see that" i stand up knowing i need to, "why though?"

She sighs and looks me up and down as I start to undress. She wears jeans and a white shirt with a cardigan, "he said you need more clothes' ' she shrugs, she pulls the tape measure from around her neck and sets her clipboard and pen down on my desk, "come on. I don't have all day- well i do, but i want to watch a movie" I chuckle softly and I walk closer to her, she takes my measurements and jots them down, "he's spot on" she mutters, "eh, ok" she shrugs and opens the wardrobe, she hangs the clothes up and folds some them and puts them in drawers.

"Do you think you could get me more bras and panties?" I pulled on my clothes again.

She looks back at me, "i get what he tells me to get, he gives me money and i spend" she shrugs, her russian accent thickening a little.

"Well, can you ask him?" i smile softly "Ask him yourself" she turns to leave, picking up her stuff and grabbing the other side of the now empty clothing rack. "He's avoiding me" i sigh, "i would ask him, but i have no clue where he is"

"He's in his study" she looks at me like the answer is obvious

I shake my head a little bit, "i don't know where that is"

She sighs as if I'm annoying her-which i probably am, "third floor, there is a guard outside the door" I sigh, "thanks-" I try to say but she's already gone. I wait a few moments, pacing my room reciting what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it when I see him.

I walk down the two flights of stairs and walk through the halls that could pass as a maze. I sigh once I find the guard. I walked up to him, "he's in here right?" The guard looks down at me, "doesn't want to see you"

"I need to ask him something" i cross my arms

The man shrugs, "doesn't want to talk to you"

"I don't care, i need to ask him something" i glare at the man and reach to knock on the door but the man slaps my hand down, "ow" i pull my hand to my chest cradling it, "what was that for-"

the jokers study doors fly open, "did you hurt her" he glares at the guard. "Sir, i was just telling her that-"

Jokers hand flys up wrapping it around the mans neck, "did you fucking hit her"

"Just her hand" he chokes. The joker slams the man back against the wall before punching him in the face, "you will never touch her again, you hear me?!" He throws the man onto the floor. I take a step back and my eyes widen. "Yes sir" the man hisses in pain. Joker turns back to me, not saying a word as he turns and goes back into his office. Before he can slam the door shut i walk in, "i have a question"

He sighs and rolls his eyes slightly as he goes and sits back behind his desk, "what is it?"

"Can I get more bras and panties?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"Because i asked that one lady, you know the one who brings me clothes and stuff-"

He sighs and leans forwards in his chair, "Yolanda"

"Yeah..sure her" i nod, "she said i had to ask you"

"Sure. get them" he turns back to his computer.

I sigh, "another thing" he looks visibly annoyed and leans back in his chair, "how did you know my measurements?"

He smirks, "muscle memory" My cheeks heat up, he chuckles a bit, "is that all, doll?"

"No. Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not" he loses his smirk

"Yes you are." i scoff, "what is it? What did I do?" He clenches his jaw, "you didn't do anything baby"

"Then why are you avoiding me!"

"Because! I took what I wanted from you. You didn't even want it" his voice lowered, "i knew i'm a monster but i didn't want to do something like that. You push me to these points, raven" he sighs, "you flood my brain, my judgment. You are all i can think about, i want nothing more then to fuck you but i wont"

"Why not?" I rush out before I can even stop myself.

His eyes meet mine, "because it's not right"

"What if i want it" i sigh

"I'll give you anything you want" he says softly

"My freedom?"

"Anything but that"