chapter twenty-four

Suicide Squad

I glance at Deadshot before I fall into step with the others. We walk to the helicopter where we load up. I take my seat next to deadshot and diablo, as we start to get lifted off of the ground this girl jumps onto the platform, he walks into the plane. "You're late," Flag says.
"I was busy," she says.

Flag looks away from her and looks at us, "this is katana, she's got my back! She can cut all you in half with one sword stroke. Just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not to get killed by her, her sword traps the souls of its victims." he shouts over the sound of the aircraft flying.
"Raven Quinn, nice to meet ya" I held my hand out for her to shake it. When she doesn't shake my hand I drop it onto my lap, "Love your perfume. What is that? The stench of death?" i giggle
"Should I kill them?" she asks flag. She gets ready to take out her sword.

"Woah, easy cowgirl. It's not that kind of a mission. Have a seat" he scoots over a bit for her to sit.
I look over at diablo, "she seems nice"
We fly into the city, I look out the small windows admiring the destruction. The phone Griggs gave me vibrates in my jacket pocket. I slip it out to my sleeve to see what J said.

PUDDIN: I'm coming for you.
I grin softly, I slip the phone back into my sleeve and look at deadshot who had been also looking at the phone. His gaze meets mine, "shhh" I sush, wanting him to keep this a secret.
K.C groans and leans forward. We all look over to him. "He supposed to be green like that?" Boomerang asks. Before any of us could reply K.C threw up. I groan and pick my feet off the ground and plug my nose, "ew. Not cool"
I look back out the window, my disgust forgotten. "Ooo, look at the pretty lights" I stick my head closer to the window, pulling out to look at the others, "are you guys seeing this?"
"What happened?" Deadshot asks Flag.
"Terror attack. Dirty bombs. bad guys shooting up the place with AKs. you know the usual shit."
"Right" deadshot nods, "yeah you're a bad liar. I don't know if they told you but I'm a hitman, not a fireman. I don't save people"
"Anything for a dollar right?"

"You know the dark places too, don't act like you don't"
Flag leans forwards a bit, "I'm a soldier, and you're a serial killer who takes credit cards. When the shooting starts, and it will" he points at deadshot, "you'll cut and run.
The helicopter starts getting shot at which causes us to hit a skyscraper, I scream from the sudden hit. Unable to keep us in the air we crash and roll. Once we stop moving we get yelled at to move.

I jump off it and start walking, "woo! What a ride!"
We start walking. The city is very much destroyed. Im resting my bat on my shoulder and blowing my gum, i walk next to Deadshot, he's nice. We walk surrounded by soldiers, as if we could run... I could. I should... no, J's coming for me. I knew he would.

I look around my eyes going to the pretty lights in the sky, we walk through zig zags of abandoned cars. I stay talking to Deadshot 90% of the time, him having my best interest. I hear Slipknot and Boomerang planning something but I don't try to listen that much. "Ready?" one whispers to the other, "go". I hear a gunshot and then a bolt connecting to the wall, I look up and Slipknot is trying to run away. Flag yells at them before bringing his wrist closer and tapping stuff, the other soldiers have their guns trained on us. "What the fuck?" I mutter.
I hear a small explosion and look up seeing Slipknot's headless body, my eyes widened slightly. I giggle softly as his body swings, "alright who else!" flag shouts. Katana has her sword almost in Boomerang's neck, K.C and Diablo are kind of ducked so is me and Deadshot.
Boomerang raises his hands, "alright, alright"

Flag seems to notice no one else is making a run for it, "Good." He grabs his gun again and talks to another soldier, he looks all of us over before he motions for us to follow him deeper down the street. The soldiers scatter around cars to make sure the coast is clear, "We'll push forwards after you arrive" I hear one guy say into his head set, "received" They all start to move down an alleyway while Deadshot, Boomerang, Diablo, K.C and I all stand together, Katana is with the soldiers. She doesn't like us.