chapter seven

Kill me

I groan, sitting up in a bed that still isn't quite mine. It's pouring out my head is killing me and Rio still hasn't talked to me sense that, 'meeting with a business partner of jokers. The ride back to his house was tense, they put a blindfold on me both ways and the joker kept whispering in my ear about how I was a good girl. The door opens to my room and in walks Rio, "i didn't think i would catch you awake"

"Yeah" I said tiredly.

"I have a plan, I was doing some searching and you can leave through your window, there is woods behind it. Listen, I haven't fully made out the details and I think it's best for you to wait until I do but I will get some kind of vehicle for you and leave it there." he sits down next to me on my bed, "look Mr. J doesn't like me coming in here so much, he says that you could get attached to me and not attached to him," he sighs, "i never wanted to be cold to you, i've waited until he falls asleep but sometimes he just doesn't sleep"

I stare at him, "hold on, you made a plan?"

"Yes, Jade, please have you listened to anything I've said?" He stares at me like I have four eyes.

"Rio, I thought you wanted to keep me here too. How am I supposed to know that this isn't some kind of plan to get me to leave just so I can get in trouble?"

"Because I'm tired. I'm so tired, love" he breathes. I look over at him, he's never called me anything but my name before.

"Why don't you leave with me?"

"I wish I could," he sighs.

"Why can't you?"

He looks down at the floor then back up at me, "because he put a tracker in me. I tried to escape once but he caught me, he said i was a good worker so he wouldn't kill me quite yet. Instead he put a tracker inside me."

"Where is it? Can we take it out?"

He shakes his head, "it's in the side of my neck. It's pretty deep in there" he puts two fingers to the back of his neck, "you can feel it, though"

"It must not be so deep if you can feel it" I chuckle lightly, trying to lighten the mood.

"Maybe. Feel it" he shrugs, i place my fingers over his. He moves his fingers from under mine for me to feel it. "It felt deep going in, i assume if it's not so deep anymore then its kinda moved over time" i take my hand away and look at him. "I'm really sorry, Rio. you dont deserve any of this"

He takes my hand and squeezes it, "you don't deserve this. How did you ever get caught up in this?" he laughs slightly.

"I don't know. I was leaving work and headed home one night and I turned the corner and I saw these guys and I heard yelling and one guy pleading for his life. One of the guys saw me so I took off running. I thought i was good, i didn't think they would have seen me or anything" i sigh, "a bit later i dropped my name tag i guess, and the dude who called out for me sat by me on a bench as asked if i lost it and asked me why i ran" i look over at him. "I ran again...it was pretty stupid i know that. Another night they found where i lived and were waiting for me"

He doesn't say anything for a while, he just listens to me, "why did you run?" he grins

"I don't know, I was scared," I chuckled slightly.

"That's understandable, I would be too. Did you see Mr. J the first time or?"

"I don't remember, '' I sigh.

He nods, "well, it's almost five and I have to wake you up at six so try and get some more rest.'' He smiles and gets up. He lifts my blanket for me to get under it again, I get under my blanket and lay down. "Good night love"