Human

Enemies to lovers with a dash of one bed trope for yall

-------------------------

The class field trip to a quaint countryside lodge promised adventure, but for Alex and Mason, it quickly became a battleground. Their debates and bickering had reached legendary status among their classmates. Whether it was the choice of activities or the route to the lodge, they disagreed on everything.

The culmination of their disagreements happened on the first night when they discovered an unforeseen problem: there was only one bed in their shared room. The air between them crackled with tension as they glared at the small bed, both refusing to back down.

"You can take the floor. I'm not sharing," Alex declared, crossing her arms.

"Absolutely not. I'm not sleeping on the floor just because you're too stubborn to compromise," Mason retorted.

Their stubbornness led them to an impasse, and neither was willing to concede. With a resigned sigh, Alex muttered, "Fine, we'll share the damn bed. But don't even think about getting close."

The room's atmosphere remained charged with animosity as they settled into the bed, each claiming their side with an invisible barrier between them. The proximity only intensified the tension, making every movement and breath feel like an intrusion.

As the night wore on, Alex's nervousness began to surface. She had a secret she guarded fiercely—nightmares that haunted her whenever she slept. Determined to hide her vulnerability, she shifted uncomfortably in the bed, trying to avoid falling asleep.

Mason, however, noticed the subtle signs of her distress. Beneath their rivalry, he couldn't ignore the human side of her. Tentatively, he spoke, "Hey, relax. It's just a bed."

Alex shot him a glare. "I don't need your advice."

Ignoring her defiance, Mason continued, "If you're so wound up, how about a distraction? We could play a game or something."

Alex scoffed and stood up to go to the bathroom, but stayed there for a long time.

When he suggested she come out of the bathroom and join him in bed, she stammered through a series of feeble excuses.

"I, uh, dropped something in the sink. Yeah, that's it," she muttered, avoiding eye contact.

Mason raised an eyebrow. "At this hour?"

Alex, flustered, continued with a shaky excuse, "Well, you know, plumbing issues. Can't be too careful."

Mason crossed his arms, skepticism evident on his face. "Plumbing issues? Are you sure you're not just avoiding the bed?"

Alex's eyes darted around the room, searching for another excuse. "Um, I thought I heard a strange noise outside. Maybe a raccoon or something."

Mason chuckled, "A raccoon? Here? Nice try."

Alex, growing increasingly flustered, mumbled, "Well, it's just, um, the bed is too small. I don't want to invade your personal space."

Mason smirked. "You invaded my personal space the moment we agreed to share this bed. Come on, what's up with you?" he added softly.

With a reluctant sigh, Alex finally abandoned her excuses and came to sit on the very edge of the bed. "Alex, you don't have to pretend. If something's bothering you, just talk to me."

She looked at him, vulnerability in her eyes. "I just... I have nightmares. And I didn't want you to see that side of me."

Mason softened, realizing the weight of her admission. "You don't have to hide, Alex. We all have our vulnerabilities."

"Come here," he said, his voice carrying a hint of amusement as he picked her up and placed her between his legs.

Alex, caught off guard, stammered, "You— you— you insufferable jerk!"

Despite her initial resistance, Alex couldn't deny the comfort of Mason's hold. He began massaging her back, his skilled hands working away the tension that had settled there. The touch, though unexpected, was surprisingly soothing.

Mason chuckled into her ear, undeterred by her choice of words. "Who are you calling that now, huh?"

"I don't need your— your massage skills or whatever," she muttered, flustered, attempting to maintain her defiant stance.

Mason, undeterred, continued his ministrations. "You're a terrible liar, you know that?"

As he massaged her back, Alex's stubborn facade began to crack. His touch was surprisingly skillful, and the knots of tension slowly began to unravel. Despite her attempts at resistance, she couldn't deny the physical relief his massage brought.

"You're not as insufferable as I thought," she admitted, grudgingly.

Mason grinned, his fingers working their magic. "I knew you'd come around eventually."

As the night continued, Mason's hands moved to her scalp, gently massaging away the stress. The warmth and closeness that had initially been so uncomfortable began to feel strangely comforting. Alex, despite her initial reluctance, found herself relaxing into the unexpected intimacy, and leaned against his chest, letting out a contented hum, eventually falling asleep.

The nightmares came, but Mason was there, distracting her with stories and comforting words. Mason began telling stories—quirky anecdotes, funny mishaps, anything to break the silence.

"You know, once I tried to impress a girl by doing a backflip. Ended up landing face-first in a puddle. Not my finest moment," he confessed, his voice a mixture of humor and embarrassment.

Despite herself, a small laugh escaped Alex's lips. "You did a backflip? Seriously?"

Mason grinned, his warmth seeping through his words. "Yeah, believe it or not. I was young and foolish."

As he continued sharing stories, Alex found herself slowly relaxing against his chest. Mason's tales were surprisingly entertaining, and the tension that had filled the room began to dissipate. His laughter was contagious, and the shared moments created an unexpected connection.

"You're really a great person." Alex begrudgingly admitted, her initial reluctance giving way to a sense of comfort.

Mason chuckled. "Well, thank you. You're not so bad yourself."

As she leaned back against him, Alex couldn't help but notice the unexpected comfort of his embrace. His muscles were surprisingly defined, and his presence was strangely reassuring. The scent of his cologne lingered in the air, a subtle yet intoxicating blend that enveloped her senses. The sunrise found them in a quiet truce, nestled together in the tiny bed, their initial animosity replaced by a newfound closeness.

-------------------------------

A/N

Did you like it? I think this is one of the best ones. 

<3

Lucky