The Forsaken

'Thinking'

"Speaking"

"[Intercomms/Radio Transmission]"

*noises*

======

Forsaken Forward Operating Base
Commander (Y/n) "Ranger" Schmitt - Gray Raven
0919 Hours

"Identify." (Y/n) demanded.

"Wait, wait! I know him!" Kamui got in front of the Gray Ravens and waves his hands in the air, recognizing who the individual is. He then turns around and smiled, like someone who just saw his long lost friend in a high school reunion. "Watanabe! Long time no see!"

Lucia looks at the grayish-white haired Construct with confusion. "Wata... nabe?"

"We trained together for a while in the beginning and Watanabe was in our group." Kamui explained. "Did you forget that, too?"

'Okay, what the hell is going on here?' (Y/n) asked in his thoughts as his eyes darts over to Kamui, getting more and more suspicious of Lucia's origins. First, the crimson blade doesn't remember Kamui even though they trained together before entering the battlefield, and the discovery of the Construct in front of them being with the two only deepened the mystery.

"You look way better than then, that's for sure!" Kamui's words before had echoed in (Y/n)'s mind once again.

"..." Lucia stayed silent, her face still showing visible confusion.

'This shit just got even better...' (Y/n) thought sarcastically.

The Construct, now identified as Watanabe, puts his blades back to their sheaths. Seeing the action, the Gray Ravens lowered their guard, but didn't drop it completely. At this point, the wind had stopped completely, which only intensified the mixed atmosphere looming over them.

"It doesn't matter. I'm glad to cut all ties with Babylonia people." Watanabe said. "You guys should be glad that it's just me here. If it were my comrades, they would've cut you into pieces by now."

Liv's face turns to that of surprise.

"No need to be so surprised, missy." Watanabe sighed. "If you only knew what those people up in Babylonia did to us soldiers of the past..."

"According to historical records..." Liv chimes in. "During the big evacuation, the World Government at the time did abandon some ground forces. These troops cut their ties with Babylonia, and only recently resurfaced as the 'Forsaken'. And you, Mr. Watanabe, chose to join their forces, and was listed as a defected Construct."

"You sure know your history, missy." Watanabe complimented. "You're probably their most advanced Support-type Construct. Glad I get to see it in return of letting you guys go."

"It's quite a surprise the Purifying Force hasn't taken you down yet." (Y/n) cuts in.

"You..." Watanabe looks at (Y/n), scanning him from top to bottom.

Lee aims his pistol as Watanabe began approaching the Ranger. (Y/n) gestures Lee to lower his weapon, to which the former reluctantly followed.

Watanabe hummed. Because of their height difference, Watanabe has to look up a litte to meet (Y/n)'s gaze. "You're a human. But you did look like a Construct. What kind of armor is that?"