𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

TORI NA'REENA JAMESNEW YORK, N

TORI NA'REENA JAMES
NEW YORK, N.Y.

"Remind me to neva put y'all in the same room again," Kalea breathes out, referring to me and Jafar as she flops down on her bed. I do the same, crossing my legs over the other. After all that happened, we had to run by the store to get some ointment for our tattoos.

" Me and him just don't get along, and I haven't done anything to him." I huffed, crossing my arms in front of my chest. " Besides, if we stay out of each other's way, we don't have to cross paths at all. It's simple,"

Kalea hums, tilting her head to the side in contemplation. " Mmm. He neva used to act like that, to be real witchu. But the man got mad trust issues,which is why he's such a dickhead to every mothafucka he meets."

I sigh, moving my hair away from my face.  "Let me guess, his girlfriend cheated on  him with another guy."

She shook her head, blowing out a breath." No, she cheated on him with his brother,"

Plot twist.

I blinked once. Then twice. " I'm sorry, what?"

Kalea hums, as if confirming what I heard was true." Mhmm,"

" His brother? Seriously?" I repeated, furrowing my brows.

" I'm not even supposed to be sayin' nun but," She began, sitting up from her position and crisscrossing her legs. " Apparently Lola — the girl who cheated on him — had been messin with his brotha, Giovanni, the entire time they been dating. I guess they was talkin on the down low, and wheneva Eli brought Lola to see his parents and his brotha, she would just be actin all fake and shit and pretendin like she ain't knew him."

" Long story short, Eli went ova to Lola's place to see if she okay, since she told him that she wasn't feeling well and whatnot. But he saw his brotha's car parked next to Lola's, so he went to go see what was goin on —- keep in mind Eli got ha a bouquet of flowers, some soup, bought her a warm blanket, everything —- and by the time he stopped in front of her door, it was already being opened by Gio, and Lola was tryna get him to stay. Basically sayin that Eli wouldn't be comin ova until later." Kalea explains.

" Wow," I whispered in disbelief. I couldn't imagine the betrayal he must've felt. From not only his supposed girlfriend, but from his brother as well.

She crosses her arms in front of her chest, smacking her teeth " Man when Kam told me this, I was mad pissed off. Especially at his brotha. That's exactly why they don't talk nomo,"

I scratched at my temple, " Wait so what happened after Jaf- I mean Eli caught them? Did he not say anything?"

" Girl he walked away!" She exclaims, throwing her hands up in the air.