𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

TORI NA'REENA JAMESNEW YORK, N

TORI NA'REENA JAMES
NEW YORK, N.Y.

" And on top of that, he got upset with me for talking to his brother Gio- which is a whole otha' story by the way, den had the audacity to tell me NOT to talk to him! Mind you, this motha- I mean this dude has been givin' me problems ever since I moved to New York and it's ridiculous mama!" I fussed to mama, sitting on my bed with my phone to my ear.

" Mmm," She hums, not once interrupting me as I spoke.

Kalea went out with some of her friends, which was a perfect time for me to call mama and tell her everything. She was my best friend, through and through.

I had disregarded my clothes from before and changed into something more comfortable. Sighing, I lean my head back against the pillow: " I don't know, It's like one minute he tells me to stay away from him, and the next minute he's all up in my space. Like how does that work? And then it's like— okay, we agree to leave each other alone and not say anything to each other — but then you know what happens? We end up being in the same vicinity of each other and all we do is argue."

" He irks my nerves mama, and he's so disrespectful and rude towards me even though I never did anything to him." I huff, rubbing the side of my face with one hand.

" Honeybee-"

" But I get the fact that he's only acting like this because he was hurt in the past and he doesn't trust anyone because of it but that still doesn't excuse his attitude, you know? I'm not an asshole towards every guy I meet just because I assume that he'll act like daddy, or piss me off like daddy does-"

" Tori-"

" but Jafar does that! Jafar is his name by the way but I think I already told you that— and then like, Jafar will do this thing where one minute he's sweet to me and the next minute he acts like a complete asshole! Like I never met anyone who acts like-"

" Na'Reena," mama cuts me off, her tone sharp.

I paused my rambling, " Yes ma'am?"

" I want you to remember sum, You hear me?" She says, her voice soft and filled with wisdom.

" Yes ma'am, I'm listening." I say obeyingly, sitting up and cries crossing my legs.

" A man's behavior is always gon reflect what they've been through. Jafar, for example, has wounds that only he can fix. It took yo fatha a very long time for him to heal from his trauma, and he would always take out his anger on everyone else cus he didn't heal." She stated.