𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

TORI NA'REENA JAMESHARLEM, N

TORI NA'REENA JAMES
HARLEM, N.Y.

" I fuckin regret not bringin a jacket," Kalea shivers, her teeth chattering as we walk side by side against the concrete. We made it finally to Kamari's apartment complex, and I was thoroughly impressed by how modern it was.

Kamari's apartment was in bird's eye view, as we parked all the way at the back of the parking deck across the street and walked further down to cross the road. Jafar and Kalea's brother walked farther ahead of us, talking about whatever.

" Me too." I agreed, rubbing the goosebumps that invaded my skin all over. Of course, Salem always had its cold days, but never this chilly.

After what happened in the car, the ride was mostly silent but still lively as the music played in the background. Kalea would throw out a joke every now and then, and I knew she was trying to make an effort to break the awkwardness.

When we entered inside the main lobby, golden marble floors and high rise ceilings greeted us with a welcoming hug. The sounds of quiet chatter and footsteps walking in the background. There was even a reception area, which I didn't know why someone would need one if you lived there.

Kamari looks back at me, a smirk plastered on his face in a proud way. He gestures around us, " Watchu think?"

I heard a loud sigh coming from Jafar, his left hand beginning to twist one of his locs around. I shrugged my shoulders, glancing at Kalea who was too busy rubbing her hands together to create heat. " It's nice, I guess."

It was nice, don't get me wrong, but Kamari didn't strike me as the type to live here without making some form of income that could afford this. Maybe he was a stripper? Which is no judgement, I mean you have to make some type of money anyway.

He chuckles, licking his lips. " youn gotta act like that, ma. It's all good."

I scrunched up my nose, " What are you talking about-"

" Could y'all chop yo shit up? Like deadass, nobody wanna hear that shit dawg." Jafar coldly states, turning around and walking away. I raised my brows, glancing over at Kalea he was already looking at me.

Kalea snorts, " He sassy as fuck,"

I hum in agreement, " Right."

We follow behind the boys and wait patiently for the elevator to open. While doing so, Kalea clears her throat and asks " Where Vinnie at?"

Kamari shrugged his shoulders, grabbing his cracked phone from his pocket and typing in his passcode. " Shi ion know. Nigga said he was gon slide ova hea, but he prolly jus gettin da gas from Q."