𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

TORI NA'REENA JAMESNEW YORK, N

TORI NA'REENA JAMES
NEW YORK, N.Y.—>HARLEM,N.Y.

" You want me to what?" I questioned in bewilderment, my eyes wide.

" Work fa me." Jafar states simply, crossing his arms over his chest as he leans back against his seat.

The only thing separating us is the mahogany wooden desk and large Apple desktop sat off to the side. I look around slowly, then back at him. " Is this some type of prank or..?"

" Stop sayin stupid shit." He says bluntly, rolling his eyes.

I hold up my hands in surrender, " don't get mad at me because I'm curious. Wasn't it just not too long ago when we agreed to stay away from each other? Now all of a sudden you want me to work for you-"

" All you gotta do is manage my schedule, remove any last minute appointments that sign up that same day, and check the client in. Dats it, " He explains, cutting me off completely.

For someone who hated me as much I hated him, and both of us agreeing to stay far away from each other, something didn't add up.

I scrunched up my nose, looking at him with disgust. " Why should I?"

He gives me a look, " You need the money, don't you?"

I scoffed loudly, licking my lips before I spoke. " I doubt this has anything to do with money, so don't even throw me that bullshit."

Jafar chuckles deeply, balancing his head on his index finger as he looks at me. " You right, I was just tryna see how you'd react."

I groan softly, pinching the bridge of my nose, " You're so irritating,"

Jafar shrugged his shoulders, throwing his locs back so they didn't block his face." That ain't my problem. Shi If I had it my way, i woulda been told yo ass to get the fuck out my shop. But since I'm doin this fa someone I care about, ima let it slide."

" So let me get this straight," I begin, adjusting myself on my seat. " You drove to my campus that's about thirty to fourty minutes away, offer me some type of job, then proceed to say that if you had it your way you would tell me to leave the shop, and now you're saying it's because of Kalea? How the hell does that make sense?"

" I neva said it was about Kalea." Jafar shrugs, as if everything else that
I said went completely out the other ear.

" Yeah, but you implied it." I pointed out,already putting two and two together.

" Look, You gon take the job or not? Ion got time for allat otha bullshit you keep spittin outcha mouth." He grunts irritatingly, his lips turned into a deep frown.

" I genuinely believe you're bipolar as hell.
One minute you act nice, the next minute you're a complete asshole. Do you not get tired of your mood swings?" I laugh bitterly,
looking at him up and down.