𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

JAFAR ELIAS MENDEZ HARLEM, N

JAFAR ELIAS MENDEZ
HARLEM, N.Y.

" So Y'all fuckin?"

" Don't worry bout it," I say cooly, shaving Kamari's hairy ass leg so I could put this stencil on him. It was one of those random ass days whea he jus send me sum bread and come to the shop for a tatt.

i ain't even complaining forreal. as long as I get this shit done and out the way, I can swing by and go see Tori.

Me and her been kickin it fa a minute, and every moment I spend with her is always worthwhile. If we not fallen asleep on the phone, then we goin out on dates, or chillin at my studio. But I was reluctant to do anything wit her because there's always that thought that If I fuck up, I lose her. 

And if I lose her...

I shook my head. Tori and I got sum good going on, ain't no point in tryna think negative. Ain't gon do shit fa you but make you feel like shit.

He smacks his lips, giving me a look. " Nigga answer da question instead of bein difficult."

" It ain't yo business, so shut the fuck up askin me bitch," I snapped, glaring at him as soon as I peel off the stencil.

" Oh damn, she got you geeked." Kamari snickered, holding a close fist to his mouth.

" Fuck is you talkin bout?"

" Nigga, come on man. Y'all been kickin it fa a min now. I'm already knowin, dawg, ain't nun to be ashamed about." He smiles, and I mean mug him. " what kinda crack you be smokin on?"

" Eli just admit it, man! Yo ass in love with ha," Kamari chuckled, running a hand over his Durag.

" Love is a strong word." I grumbled.

" And the most powerful thing God created. He loved man even when we did him wrong. Plus — and I know I'm not wrong bout this— God been tellin us to love one anotha, includin our enemies." He explains, shrugging his shoulders.

Kamari could be smart when he want to be, but some of the shit that come out his mouth make you question whether he even graduated high school.

But he was right. God did tell us to love one anotha. And I was, in fact, fallin in love with Tori. But I'm scared. Scared that if I let her see all the wounds and scars that I bear on my skin, she gon turn the other way and never come back.

That feeling of rejection is sum I wouldn't be able to handle. Not from her, at least. Had it been any Otha mothafucka I knew, I wouldn't give a fuck.