𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

TORI NA'REENA JAMESNEW YORK, N

TORI NA'REENA JAMES
NEW YORK, N.Y.

" Broo when I tell you I got a massive fuckin hangover," Kalea groans, pulling the covers over her face to block the incoming sunlight from the window.

" Mhmm," I hummed in agreement, pulling the covers closer to my cheek. I was feeling the same pounding sensation, along with the fact I could only remember bits and pieces of what happened last night and not the full picture.

" How you feelin boo?" She inquires, twisting her body towards me her hair was twisted up in a high bun, with a small back band around her head and tied in the back.

I shrugged, rubbing my eye sleepily. " I'm ok, just tired." I yawned. It was Sunday morning, and I was thankful that I didn't have class until the admin figure out where to place me for an Honor's course.

I was still in the same clothes from last night, the only difference being the makeup that I wiped off as soon as we came back. It had to be at least three or four in the morning, and I still felt exhausted.

" Tori lemme tell you sum," Kalea begins, adjusting her bonnet as she spoke, " neva mix brown and white liquors. Like— at all. Cus the next day you wake up you gon feel like santa's big ass sat on yo head."

I shook my head, remembering the burning sensation traveling down my throat. " yeah, that's crazy."

We sit there in silence for a while, Kalea watching TikTok on her phone while I scrolled through Instagram aimlessly. It was one of those days where all you wanted to do was chill and be in your own space.

But even that wasn't possible.

Continuing to scroll through my phone, I see a red dot on the little message thing, and click on it. I turn down the brightness, since my phone went from dark to light. Adjusting my sight I recognize the profile picture in an instant.

my heart sinks to my chest, my thoughts clouded with the tension that swarmed between us last night.

I stare at the message, blinking once. Then twice. This was real. It was actually real.