It's like that~!

Maira's POV

Yu?? And.. Eagle?? How did Yu find out about Eagle??

I glanced at Eagle, who appeared somewhat guilty and nervous while Yu was as electrified as ever.

Right.. I forgot about meeting with Tsubasa. Eagle might have come because of that.

I turned back towards Kai and others. They were still sitting there nonchalantly, their bitbeasts floating around quietly, all looking dull due to the bad moods of their wielders.

"...I'll get going then.." I left from there as Yu came running to me as soon as I was away from their sights.

"Mimi! See! I found Eagle!! Tsubasa must be around too!" Yu said with a cheeky grin "I've been missing him a lot lately!!"

"You shouldn't be wandering around the forest alone like this, little boy." A firm yet calm voice came and we saw Tsubasa standing at some distance, on a tree branch.

"Tsubasa!" Yu rushed forward but stopped the very moment he heard 'little boy'.

"Don't call me that! I'm not a kid!" He pouted cutely, looking annoyed.

Ignoring him, Tsubasa looked at me "You should get going to home now. Let's skip today's practice."

"Hey! Don't you ignore me now!" Yu said grumpily stomping his foot. I turned and smiled at him.

"You both have fun then." I said waving at them and walking away on my way home.

My feet got heavier and heavier as I closed the distance to home. Unwillingly, I entered the mansion and peaked inside before sighing in relief.

Father's not here.

"Miss, what are you doing here? Did you need anything?" I turned startled to see a maid standing there.

"No, just.. is mother back yet?" I enquired, my fingers crossed behind my back.

"No, but Madam should be returning soon enough." She replied.

"Okay." saying this, I rushed to my room, hoping that my room will miraculously get teleported to some another realm with me inside it. Unfortunately, it didn't.

I tried to come up with the best sounding reply, having the conversation in my head several times but no! None of them sounded good enough!! They all were ending in the worst way possible.. with the outcome that I want to avoid..

The door knob moved and my breath hitched dreading the conversation we're gonna have.

She looked at me with an unreadable expression as she walked towards my bed. Anxious about the situation and nervous for the inevitable topic, I didn't know what to do under her gaze as my hands themselves started to fidget.

"Now, explain. Why didn't I ever get to know about you meeting them? Why did you learn beyblading? Why are you involved with them when it has nothing related with you?" She demanded elaboration.

I don't know how to reply these.. but she kept looking at me, awaiting the answers.

"You would have asked me to stop interacting with them, if I had told you, right?" I said, my eyes downcasted to my lap.

"Even after knowing that it's dangerous, you kept interacting with them!" She stated in a raised voice "Your father definitely won't like it!"

"Why did you help Kai's parents back then?" I asked, biting my lips at the nervousness.

She went silent for a while and I couldn't help but sneak a quick glance at her.

"Do you regret it? Do you regret the time you spent with them?" I asked.