Chapter Thirty-Eight

** I would deem this chapter as NSFW. If you're not into the smut... I would skip this one. :D**

(Lucy's POV)

I had never realised how sexy a hot tub was before. But it was. Or maybe it was Sam that was sexy. Regardless, all sweaty, flushed and with his body slick, I couldn't stop staring. With clothes on, Sam looked athletic and fit. In a bathing suit, without a shirt hiding all of his muscles he was magnificent.

I knew that a lot of his workouts were activities. He hiked and kayaked, liked to wakeboard and run. What I hadn't realised was how that would make his muscles more pronounced than lean. How I could feel his strength, even though he was nothing but gentle. There was no doubt, that his muscles came from hard work and I couldn't fucking look away.

I was reasonably certain that we were the very definition of eye fucking right now. Those evergreen eyes that so often reminded me of a forest, were currently tracing my every curve and flames of desire danced over my already heated skin. Sam had torn his lips away from mine a minute ago and retreated to the other side of the hot tub, there he sat staring me down, both of us breathing heavily.

It was as if we were opponents in the ring but I had no fight left in me. Whatever this was, I was giving into it. I didn't have the heart to not see this one out.

I stood up, moving towards him and he swallowed, hard, his eyes not leaving my own. He held up a hand, "I need another minute, Luce."

I shook my head. "No."

His adam's apple bobbed, and I smiled as I realised that I wasn't the only one caught in this inferno. I repeated my refusal. "No. You seem to be assuming that you've been wanting me all this time and need to give me a chance to catch up, that you need to take care of me first." Which he had, making sure that I saw stars but then retreating, moving away from me and I wasn't having any of that.

We were in this together. I eased myself onto his lap, letting my thighs rest on either side of his own and when I nibbled at his bottom lip. He groaned and opened completely, his tongue tangling with my own.

I used my mouth to send the message but then pulled away and added the words. Somehow knowing that he needed the affirmation just as much as I did. "I don't need to catch up. I'm here too. I want you." I paused not wanting to make it seem like it was less than it was. "I want whatever this is between us, " My hands cupped his face as I talked, rubbing over his cheek bones, moving down and trailing my fingers over his biceps, down his arms. "We owe it to ourselves to see where this could go."

My words trailed off, as I kept tracing those muscles around to his back. I might not be as good with my words as he was, but I hoped he understood. My doubts were no longer going to win when it came to Sam.

I was all in.

His eyes hadn't left mine while I spoke and then closed briefly as I traced up and down his back, his eyelashes, were dark, wet from the steam and fluttered against his freckles and then opened again, making me swallow at their intensity. He made me feel like nothing else in this world mattered.

Strong hands gripped my thighs and moved around to lift me as he stood from the bench. "Time to go in, Luce." His gravelly voice made me shiver as he carried me out of the hot tub.

The lace of my underwear rubbed against his abs and I held onto his shoulders as he moved. I wasn't sure how he was managing to carry me but wasn't going to waste time worrying about it. Instead I let my lips and tongue work up and down his neck. By the time we made it inside he was growling and there was nothing romantic about how he tossed me on the bed.

I giggled but stopped immediately at his grumbles, as he climbed on top of me. "Sam, we're wet."

His breath was ragged as he pulled off his trunks, releasing an impressive erection. My mouth watered and I reached out, wanting my turn to play but he batted my hands away and peeled off my underwear, reaching up and unsnapping my bra with one hand as his other hand found my slick folds. One long finger sliding in. His groan filled the air, as he tossed the bra aside. "Yup. Soaked."

His voice was deeper, grating against my nerve endings as he moved down my body slowly, nipping and licking as he went. "You know, Luce, there was one thing that I kept thinking about in the tub. You feel like satin, but what do you taste like?" And then he was replacing his fingers with his tongue.

I groaned no longer worried about the bedding, my wet hair falling back on the pillow. My fingers finding his hair and pulling on the thick strands as he played with my body as if we'd done this millions of times.

Why hadn't we been doing this since we met?

His head raised up, fire in his eyes as they met mine. "If it had been up to me we would have. Fucking friend zone"

My laughter at his words died in my throat, I hadn't realised I'd spoken out loud but he wasted no time discussing, adding another finger to the magic being worked by his tongue and shutting down any argument from me.

It was as I came down from the stars a second time that his lips worked their way back up my body and my eyes met his as I sighed, "You are incredibly good at that."

His lips were gentle, caressing my own and I felt him smile as he replied. "Thank you.'

I pushed him onto his back, "Your turn."

He immediately grasped my arms, somehow manoeuvring me over top of him, "No, not now." I glared at him, forcing him to explain and he blushed before reaching out and tucking my hair behind my ears, grumbling out his confession. "I've been waiting a long time for you to catch up, Luce. So, it's been an embarrassingly long time for me. I'm already working on a hair trigger here."

As if to prove his point he rubbed his cock against me, sliding his length along my core. My breath caught as he asked, "Condom?"

I shook my head, knowing what a big step this was and hoping I wasn't going to regret it later. "I'm on the pill and I'm clean."

His eyes closed as I moved on top of him, still not giving either of us what we really wanted. "I'm clean too."

I nodded, not able to respond as I lined up his tip and sunk down, slowly adjusting to his size. His hands tightend on my hips as I bottomed out, shaking his head, nostrils flaring and enlarged pupils turning his eyes near black, "Don't fucking move, Luce."

I laughed in his face as I responded, leaning down and nipping his bottom lip. "Don't tell me what to do, Sam."

He raised an eyebrow at me as I did in fact move and then growled, before he ground out, "Fuck, I can't." He rolled us, not able to hold back any long. But,it didn't matter, somehow I was there with him again, meeting him thrust for thrust as our world exploded around us.

After, as we lay there, my head on his shoulder and his hands playing with my hair, I marvelled at the fact that somehow there wasn't any uncertainty between us.

I was unsure if our friendship gave the immediate level of comfort and connection or if it was just Sam and this chemistry that we seemed to have. All I knew was, whatever it was, I wanted more.