Guru In The House

Michelle's POV:

"But grabe si Anntonia, 'no?"

I looked at Samantha on the screen when she suddenly mentioned Anntonia's name. "Why is that?"

"Tinutulak ka pa sa iba eh." She said, munching on whatever snack she's been consuming since earlier.

"What are you even talking about?"

"Nakakainis na kamo pagiging magulo niyong dalawa."

"In what way ba? I am so confused with you."

"Nevermind nga. Baka ma-block kita sa socials bigla." She rolled her eyes at me, which I immediately mocked. "But do you agree? Anntonia is unpredictable."

"I think so and I don't think so. I can see where she's coming from sometimes and the possible action she might commit, but there are times that I really find it hard to understand how her mind works."

"Really? Like how often do you think you can read her?"

"Like I thought, she's still haunted by her past with Max."

"Oh, diba? Tanga ka." She said, pointing at me.

"Ano ba? What's wrong with you?"

"She's so over it. Unlike you."

"I'm over Riri too," I whispered.

"I was saying that you're the one who cannot move on from Max and Ann's past, but, yeah, okay." Samantha tried to be out of the screen, but I caught her laughing, so I instantly pretended like I was throwing a punch at her. "Anyway, you're not over your wifey. Stop lying."

"I am telling the truth."

"It is evident that you still feel romantic things for her."

"Of course because I am her friend, and our relationship was full of love." I paused. "But we are just friends, so..."

"Sabagay. You said nga naman na any relationship you have in your life should be full of love."

"Exactly." I nodded in satisfaction.

"Tsaka sanay ka na rin na maging backburner." She added. I creased my forehead at the statement, and she was sticking her tongue out.

"Para kang baliw, Samantha."

"Did I lie, though?"

"That wasn't intentional naman. She has nothing but all the love for me."

"Real. I am proud of you. You are not in denial that you've lost your chance with her."

"That's life." I sighed, remembering that it is what it is.

"But how is it like? Staying friends with someone that you would have willingly take the risk for?"

"I don't know. It just came off too normal to us. You know naman how Rhian and I agreed to keep our friendship. I promised that I would protect our friendship to make it stronger, stronger than the feelings I wish to express to her if I only had the chance."

"I really commend the two of you."

"Thanks."

"But, Deedee," She carefully said, as if she's trying not to trigger me with what she's about to say. "When will you talk to Max again? She was asking how you were last week."

"She does?"

"Of course."

"Ah, I don't think I can. I still have issues with everything she said about Anntonia. I don't feel like Max still sees me as her friend after that."