21. torture with a side of marijuana

TORTURE WITH A SIDE OF MARIJUANA

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ Gina overdramatically blinks a few times until the fuzz goes away. It feels like she's high, a feeling she misses.

"Honestly, I don't really feel anything," Steve mumbles, moving his head around. "Do you?"

Robin stares forward with her mouth hanging slightly open. "I mean, I...I feel fine. I feel normal."

"I kinda feel good," Gina chortles, leaning her head all the way back, almost on Steve's shoulder. "It's like being high."

"Woah, Gina," Robin laughs also, "you've been high?"

Gina gives Robin a playful glare. "Duh! I'm high all the time! I just smoke until the chairs start walking and the tables start talking."

"Wanna know a secret?" Robin squeals, also bending her neck back. "I like it, too!"

"Morons," Steve snorts. "They messed up the drug!"

Robin squirms in her chair. "They messed it up!" "Morons!"

Gina catches on. "Hey, morons! Morons! Mor-"

"Oh, no," Robin pants, out of breath from laughing. "There is definitely something wrong with us."

"Something's wrong." Steve holds in a laugh, squeezing his non swollen eye shut.

The door buzzer sounds and a soldier enters carrying a gun, which is bigger than Gina remembers, but she's probably not reliable right now. The main Russian comes in after him, walking closely in front of Gina, making her lean her head back and widen her eyes to focus on him.

Dr. Zharkov sets big metal contraptions onto the table. Then he pulls out a big saw looking thing and admires it for a second.

Robin butts into the silence, "would now be a good time to tell you that I don't like doctors?"

Gina quietly laughs to herself before the Russian turns to Steve and asks calmly, "let's try this again, yes?"

Gina feels Steve nod.

"Who do you work for?"

Steve thinks for a moment. "Scoops," he says, "Scoops Ahoy."

Robin and Gina turn their heads and look at each other, then shutting their eyes and laughing just at the sight of the other.