𝟎𝟐𝟕

Melting

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        It brought you great grief to see Kirumi go. Her execution was so sad, too. Monokuma led her on... gave her false hope... Only to crush it, just like how she crushed and destroyed Monosuke when she fell from such a height.

You should've seen it coming, though. When she approached you, seeming so nervous. That was because just moments before coming to you, she had drowned Ryoma in the pool on the second floor. You liked Kirumi, but karma existed.

And karma was a bitch.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        The day after the class trial, the remaining lot of you followed Kokichi to Maki's Ultimate Research Lab, a room that she was so adament of keeping you all out of. After leaving the courtroom, two more people dead in just one day, Kokichi and Maki got into an argument. Something caught your attention, though. Kokichi called her the Ultimate Asassin. And so, without Maki, you secretly went to her Research Lab.

It was honestly scary. The walls were lined with numerous weapons, mainly guns. Everyone became doubtful of her the moment you stepped in there. And, you knew it was stupid, but... you didn't want to go against her. You wanted to hear her side of the story, why she lied about being the Ultimate Child Caregiver. So, you left her Research Lab to find her, everyone confused about your sudden department.

You eventually found her in the library, sitting at a table quietly. She was so intimidating, but you wanted to know the truth.

"Hey, Maki?" you said, approaching her.

She glanced at you and groaned.

"What do you want?" she grumbled, narrowing her eyes at you.

"I... I just wanted to know... Why did you lie about being the Ultimate Child Caregiver? Is it because you didn't want everyone to mistrust you or...?"

She didn't give you an answer, looking back at the table.

"... You wouldn't understand. Leave me alone," she finally said.

"C'mon, tell me! Everyone doesn't trust you now, but I want to!" you pleaded, to which she gave you a sharp glare, her piercing crimson eyes staring into your soul.

"Do you want to die?"

"... What...?"

"I didn't think so."

She turned away once more, but you were determined to get answers. You grabbed her shoulders and made her look at you, her eyes now widened.

"Harukawa Maki, you better tell me! I know we don't know each other well, but I really want to trust you. I think, with time, we can become great friends!"

You gave her a bright smile. Her mouth opened slightly, a quiet, high-pitched squeak coming out of you. A slight blush formed on her cheeks as she really took in your features. You were so... pretty. Her hard exterior slowly melted as she felt herself fall for you.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

A/N: Can you tell me of Y/N's a pick me in this chapter? I feel like she is. Anyway, I'm starting to l'm starting to think of being a writer in the future. I want to get a bachelor's degree in anthropology (yes, Korekiyo inspired me) and write about things. It's also cuz I have ridiculously high standards and am a little delulu (don't question how that has nothing to do with being a writer.)

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════