20• The Traditional Wedding

"It's perfect." My besties burst into the room and gasped with exaggeration.

Laughing, as I've been doing that since Ajani is born.

Today just signifies another milestone in our lives.

Or a milestone in my once simple life that Maalik appears in and changes every single day. 

We're here at the venue in the west wing while Maalik and his company are in the east.

Every vendor was here and did their job accordingly as the wedding planner instructed them to.

I can't see it and neither does Maalik, but we both know what it looks like previously. The outdoor is huge and the indoor is massive for a huge function like this.

I could not be anxious for today's occasion.

Mih nervous bad.

Mih even wah bawl but a hold it in.

Worse how mih nuh talk tu this man since wih last rehearsal weeks back.

Then personal council sessions that helps us a lot and makes me miss him even more.

His mom has to bring our son back and forth to see us, though he stays with me mostly.

Bwoy love him breast milk.

First thing first, my makeup and bridal hairdo is done, while I'm ready to meet my soon to be husband, I had to spend sometime with my bridesmaids.

The bridal robe feels like gold. Very beautiful, but rich and heavy.

I took pictures with my bridesmaids, singular and in groups with different poses.

My family was next, before a fussing Ajani smell me and needed milk from the source and not from his bottle so I had to take a break.

I even got photographed in the moment of motherhood.

Having his tiny fingers trying hard to break the tiny beads off my robe. I pried his fingers off but he puts it right back, staring into my eyes as he does so.

Finally getting him off, or trying to. I cleaned up and attached myself to my parents for a sweet picture with an innocent look on my face.

My brothers were the worst, they blocked my chest as if my breasts were exposed then we got into a small argument. Something that was also caught on camera.

My second outfit means that it's still too early and I'll be in whatever room they transformed into a background for me to take more photos. Maaliks' order as he wants our home to have my photo in every room.

Ajani and I were in our matching brown outfit having the time of our lives.

I'm surprised he isn't sleeping as yet.

My third look had me saying, Thank God.

I was informed that the guests were all here and no one missed or ignored the invitation.

Though it's a little passed the actual time, we didn't mind as I'm the only impatient one here.

Hearing how festive it was as the music got louder and the MC/host spoke in the microphone, I knew it was time.

"Everything is been recorded so you won't miss anything." The event planner promised me.

"Okay." I nod, fumbling my stylist gold feathered hand fan.

Mih wah see what a gwaan, even though mih have an idea through the rehearsal. But this is the real deal.

After the groomsmen with my crazy brothers in the mix, then I know Maalik was making his way out. Even behind him were few men from every tribe in his family bringing gifts.