17- Rediscovering

Dreams can either be good, bad, a sign or a vision.

That one I had last night seems more like a vision.

"Are you okay?" Papa inquires, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked up to see them looking at me.

"Uh?"

"You seems distracted since you got up this morning." Maalik looks at me worriedly, raising the cup to his lips.

Cup?

"You haven't touched your food as yet." Miss Mary added.

"Oh, breakfast." I smiled, taking up the fork.

"Are you okay?" Papa asked again.

"I... I didn't like the dream I had last night and it ended with me leaving this house after I called off the wedding."

Maalik coughed.

Miss Mary dropped her fork.

Mister Obi said the unexpected. "If that happened then this one can't return here."

"You said that quite a lot in the dream too and I feel like it's more like a vision." I said, playing around with the food.

"Explain everything that happened." Papa told me, putting aside his fork and I did.

Even the sexual part mentioned, expletives and saying Maalik isn't ready to be a father.

Papa turns to Sarah when I'm done speaking.

"Tell every staffs that we all must fast and pray from twelve to six this afternoon. Go and have your breakfast and let the chef know that only person to eat in this house is Sanai. We will informed the rest of our families after breakfast." He informed us all.

"Tomorrow you both starts attending council meetings. My grandbaby is involved so this marriage has to work, we can not let the devil win." Miss Mary says and everyone says Amen.

Out of respect, I ate in the kitchen as everyone fast and prayed.

My family and his, even our friends joined our zoom worship meeting.

An it's like things were being revealed as Chidi, daughter of a millionaire was rushed to the hospital.

From the looks I saw husband and wife exchanged proved that they knew something.

A cyaw duppy eh gyal send pah mih and cyaw tek it back. 

That was the only thing that comes to mind.

"The family that prays together, stays together." Mommy said over the phone later when we were aside talking.

"I remember." I smiled, enjoy feeling the grass underneath my feet as I walked around the garden. "Mih really miss unnu enuh."

"We miss yuh tu, but remember yuh not single anymore. Being in a relationship is a we decision between you and yuh man. Yuh dream brought out yuh true thoughts and it's something that can fix, and it's natural. An while it can be taken as a vision, it can be a sign as well. A good sign if unnu work on it, or a bad sign of unnu ignore it." She explained.

"Me understand."

"Next thing, mih naw hold back on another fact. When me and yuh father in the engagement process, him dutty neighbor..." She revealed and I gasped.

"Grace?" I laughed, or trying to hold it back.

"She same one. Eh witch bad mind and envious. Fih si wih a pray day and night cause we know the rumors a true bout har and har early morning obeah appointments. Wah fire shi bun when it comes closer tu wih wedding date. Wah mih see har wid mih own two yiy a do, is plant sum'n where wih pave the driveway. Deh suh mih use to guh siddung when time hot. Mih tell yuh fada and a tractor him get dig out eh spot and true it closer tu labor day, him joined to community fix eh road and the same lump a dirt park up a fih har walk way. But listen to this now Sanai, yuh know seh a Manda walk over the spot and tun cripple pah Grace ova deh."

"Ehh?" I was shocked.

"Yes. Manda two years older than Sanjay and a mih or mih pickney it would a ketch cause Sanjay was walking at the time. A nuh seh yuh nuh fih believe inna evil, but it need a balance which is called good. An mih one gyal."

"Yes mommy?" I whispered, still in disbelief.

"A African yuh deh and best believe wih did a pray fih yuh and yuh little family before mih even know yuh pregnant." She stops and listened. "Mih know ya blush."

"Mih a daddy daughter enuh." I laughed.

"Exactly. Anyways, nuh mek no gyal feel dem can tek yuh man and baby fada. You have him heart and a top spot inna him life. A you him mada or entire family love. Pray and have faith seh yuh likkle family lock and yuh wedding go happen. Mih nuh tek mih measurements fih no reason and go miss the opportunity fih boast seh mih daughter have two weddings. Mih wah travel tu."

I laughed, listening to her go on and on about my wedding as if it was hers.

Mommy she happy like Patience.

"Did you want a one night stand?" I asked out of the blue.

"A what?" He looks up from clipping my toenails.

"A one night stand."

"No I don't. What?" He was utterly confused.

Sighing, I point to the night table looking different from other in his room.

He laughs.

"It's different from that other one so I asked if you wanted a one night stand." I shrugged.

"What is a one night stand?" He looks at me lustfully.

"Oh." I realized then laughs. "My bad. A night table or a bedside table."

"Eh." He starts teasing me. "You're too fine for a one night stand."

He threw down the nail clipper and pushes his hand around to grab my ass.

"Wait, wait..." He attacks me and I'm left laughing hard.

A knock came instantly and he frowned.

"I'm sorry." I kiss his lips and stood, picking up my slippers. "I'll see you tonight. Love you."

"I love you too." He said with a sigh.

The knock came harder.

I opened it revealing Patience who smiles at me but gave her brother a look of disgust.

Same way I would've done to my brothers.

"One day and you still can't share her. Remember today, you dey go learn sey if she eva gets lonely in ha marriage. Wahala dey for you." Then she hissed, taking me along after I unplugged my phone from the charger.

He came into the hallway and starts saying something in Ghanaian that makes his sister laughs.

Realizing what he told her was when she held my hand, urging me to walk slowly and carefully.

I turned to glare at him as he followed us downstairs.

"Mih really worry bout yuh sometimes."

"Eh." He chuckled. "What shouldn't I worry about when you're around my sister? She can be a bad influence."

"No she's not." I untruthful denies.

He laughs and went his way after giving me a lady kiss.

We got to out destination and I know I shouldn't have lied.

Patience was indeed a bad influence and I'm okay with it not going from bad to worst.

We're out with her cousins and eating at a nice restaurant.

She encouraged me to stuff or overfeed myself as she knew something spicy was one thing Maalik was telling the staff at the house to shorten.

I ate so much that I'm sure I didn't need another taste of spicy. That's when something sweet came around and I sat what I could of the cake.

For the first time since I got pregnant, I've never been so full. Even my stomach moved.

I waved to her goodbyes and I got out to enter the house with a maidens help.

I've gotten a guard and a maiden personally, weather I'm at home or traveling. So I know they'll tell or had informed Maalik what I've done.

He was standing there with his arms folded as if he was waiting on me.