3- 1st Family introduction

Maalik has falling into the routine on weekends, knowing that I'll be busy with my family.

It has been a good four months that we have been chatting for and there has never been a dull moment.

This Sunday however, I've found myself on a call with him while my family is around.

I was mainly keeping an eye on the children in the yard as they play around with a skipping rope.

Since he commented about knowing the bible, I wanted to question that. To see how he could help me with my bible study.

The deep conversation going back and forth between the lives of the people in the bible when all of a sudden, huge drops of rain was seen.

Putting the phone aside I told him I'll be back and rushed out to take the clothes off the line.

With help from the children, we were done in no time but they held on to me, holding me under the downpour as they laughed.

Giving them what they wanted, I even got a bucket of water and splashes it over their clothes but that was the wrong thing I did.

Mommy came out and starts on my case.

"Dem have school a morning an yuh deh wet up dem body. Yuh nuh think dem can get sick, Sanai! Yuh see dem hair a get wet, yuh go deal with it." She shouts.

Sighing, I rushed them around back to shower and dried their hair afterwards.

Making sure they were looking how they should be before they went out to get something to eat from her.

Going for my phone, I'm met with mommy seated comfortably on the couch chatting with Maalik.

Deh ooman yah fass ehh.

"Mommy..."

"Dish out them food as well as yours." She dismisses, without looking at me.

Still, I did what she asked and listened to their conversation. Well tuned in.

"I'm actually having a late dinner." He told her.

"Is it traditional food?" Mommy inquires, well relaxed.

"It is. Let me show you." Then I saw her staring hard.

"That's meat, fried plantain and... That's Jollof rice." She listed and he laughs. "I do know a little bit about Africa."

"Sanai told me. Though she thinks we share the same meal but it has different names."

"What is that?" Mommy asked.

"Seasoned rice and dem Jollof rice is almost like the same thing." I told her and she glares at me.

"Yuh naw focus on the food enuh. Let mih si and find a rice grain drop on mih stove an yuh si blinky." She warns me.

"Mommy." I almost hissed.

"Forgive mih Maalik. This little girl a behave like mih a run weh with the phone." She hissed instead and his laugher follows.

How him a laugh suh.

"She might be a little shy that I've finally spoken to her mom." He went on knowing damn well that I can hear him.

"It's about time I get to meet her man..."

"Mommy..." She shot me a look and the muffled laugher from Maalik was all I got.

He didn't even correct her.

"I always listen to her one sided conversation and that's me admitting to be nosey." She continues. "I'm curious though, are you a Christian?"