Chapter 2

My neck hurt me a lot because the flight seats weren't comfortable at all.

I hate when my sleep wasn't comfortable. Water started falling out of my eyes, it wasn't tears but frustration.

"Hey, here take this" I heard someone say.

I opened my eyes and wiped the water.

The guy beside me offered his neck pillow.

"No, it's alright, I don't want you to get uncomfortable" I said.

He kept extending his hand. "It won't be a problem, really. Besides, I'm talking to this gorgeous woman, I won't have time for sleep" He pointed towards the old lady who offered me a smile.

I took it hesitantly "Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't be giving it to you if I wasn't" He said.

"If you need it back anytime, wake me up without any hesitancy"

"Sure will"

And with that, I finally was able to sleep. That too comfortably.

Maybe the guy isn't weird. I do make judgements quickly. He seemed nice and I liked the way he was keeping the old lady entertained. He seems so- I don't know, feels like I've known him for ages.

Maybe it's just because he gave me his pillow.

The thing I hate about flights the most is that my ears start getting weird.

I had earbuds in but it still hurts a little.

Since I was little, I always admired Paris. I visited here once with my parents but it always under their control, the whole trip. But I wanted to be able to go anywhere I want, I don't want to go to just fancy restaurants but be able to view the streets, walk there, explore cafe's that are not so famous.

I didn't know I had been sleeping for 8 hours when the not so weird guy woke me up gently.

"Hey" He nudged me very softly.

I blinked my eyes rapidly to adjust to the lights. He smiled.

"Good morning, sleep well?"

"What time is it?" He asked while rubbing my eyes.

He checked his phone "7:30 in Paris"

"I've been asleep for 4 hours?"

He chuckled, his dimples showed.

"Nahi rey, it's about noon in India, you've been asleep pretty much the whole flight"

"Oh"

"Mhm. Now, do you want my seat or no?"

"What? I do, I do, I do!"

"I do too" he whispered.

"What?"- "Nothing"

We switched seats and I leaned over the window I could practically fall if there were no glass pane.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you look over to your right, you could see the Eiffel Tower. We welcome you to the city of love, Paris" The pilot's voice echoed.

I looked at the view, I love it.

"Is it everything you expected?" The guy asked.

I smiled to myself "Everything and more"

I was suddenly in a really good mood.

"I'm sorry if I was rude earlier, I was just-"

"It's completely fine, you weren't rude at all. In fact, you were snoring the whole flight, that wasn't really helping me sleep"

"I-"

"Mazaak kar raha hu" He laughed and I looked at his dimples again.

"I completely forgot, My na-"

"bup-bup-bup" He interrupted "Well, you see, I'm a huge destiny believer. Pata nahi kyu lekin tumhe dekh kar kisi ki yaad aati hai, aisa lagta hai tumhe janta hu but maybe not"

Same.

"So, call me stupid and delusional but I believe if it is in our destiny to meet again, we will. I don't wanna remember your name only for us to never see each other again. So, let's save the introduction for when we meet next, deal?"

I couldn't think of anything after he said all of that but I nodded my head.

"Deal" We shook hands.

For some reason, I didn't want to let go of his hand but I did eventually.

After around 15 minutes, we were just about to land when he said "Sooooo, boyfriend se milne jaa rhi hu ya pati se?"

I decided to play along.

"Girlfriend aur bachho se"

He squinted his eyes "Itni pyaari awaaz se to jhuth bhi sach lagne lagta hai"

I looked away as I felt blood rushing into my cheeks.

Soon enough, the flight landed and everyone got off the plane and into the bus, the whole time, the destiny guy and me were talking, more like he was teasing me again and again but I didn't back down and gave him a good verbal argument that wasn't serious.

We picked up our luggage at the arrival.

I looked at him and said "Well, seems like this is goodbye"

He tsked.

"We're gonna meet again"

"You sound pretty sure about it destiny guy, sure you won't stalk me?"

"I won't have to, fate has a lot stored for us"

He took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"See you soon"

I watched him as he flung his duffel bag over his shoulder and walked out without looking back.