Chapter 33

It was around 2 am when my phone started ringing and I was about to shout at the person who called this late but my anger calmed down when I heard the voice.

"Did I disturb you?" He asked over the call.

It's been a week and I miss Krish just so much. We saw each other almost everyday but now he's not even here.

"No. I was just- hmm" I couldn't speak because I was really sleepy at the time.

"So jaao. I'll call you in the morning" He said. "I love you"

In the morning, I had plans to meet up with Yuvika. She said that she has something really important to tell me.

My meeting with the investors was a huge success and with Vaishnavi convincing her dad, I got the investment. I also got her the job at Krish's company.

It took a little pleasing and blackmailing to get him to do so because he kept saying i'll give you the investment. Why do you want help from a stranger and shit like that.

I remember reading it on instagram that no matter how tall you are, tumhe naachna 5'4 k ishaaro par hu hai. And that toally defines us.

I walked to her place with my airpods and listening to songs. I might look normal to anyone who passed by me but i'm mentally jumping and dancing to the song that are playing.

I stop at her house and ring the bell. The house help opened the door and took my overcoat with a smile.

I saw Veer searching for something.

"Hey jiju" I said teasingly "What are you searching for?"

He rolled his eyes at my mockery but then said "I can't find my glasses! I don't have time to put on my contacts"

I heard a tsk from the other side of the room and saw Yuvika walking towards him. She gave him a look and then pulled down his glasses that were resting on his head.

"Gadhe ho bilkul" She said.

I laughed and Veer gave me a 'shut up' look.
I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"Okay well, bye" He said and leaned to kiss her.
"Bye" Yuvika said softly.

On his way out, as he passed by me he said "Menace"

"Disgrace" I replied "Chhotu"

"Stop calling me that"

"Never"

He just chuckled and then left. Closing the door on his way out. Yuvika and I went to her bedroom and she disappeared for a few minutes into her washroom.

I looked at the huge framed picture of them at their wedding above their bedpost and I internally smiled at it. They deserve it all.

Veer and me have a sibling like relationship. We're always insulting each other but I do care for him and vice versa. He loves Yuvika and I love that about him.

I named him Chhotu so many years ago when I'd constantly make him do my work like fill my bottle, get something for me from canteen, get an extra pen for me.

We were in school and I blackmailed him by saying that I'd tell Yuvika that he's not a nice guy and she'll not date him then.

We were such kids.

The bathroom door opened and Yuvika stepped out, a little teary eyed. I frowned and walked to her.

"What happened?" I asked her sternly "Did someone say something? Is something bothering you?"

She shook her head and then suddenly started sobbing hysterically.

I tried saying everything and asked what was wrong but then she stepped back into the bathroom and took me with her.

On the counter, I saw a test.

No way.

I looked at the lines and then looked at her.
"OH MY GOD!" I screamed "YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

"You're pregnant?" I heard a voice say behind me and I turned to see Veer looking at Yuvika.

Veer walked forward and looked at the test himself and in under a moment, he sweeped Yuvika off of her feet and twirled around.

It turns out, Yuvika has had symptoms for a few days now and she wanted to take a test but didn't tell Veer anything about it.

Veer had come back because he forgot his phone.
Yuvika said she was crying because of hormones but she was happy.

A couple hours later, after Veer left, Yuvika and me looked at baby clothes and names and everything.
She is gonna go to a doctor to be sure but we were all excited.

It was one of the happiest days of my life.

I went straight to my office after her house and started working. I have a meeting in the evening with a few clients.

Krish said he would call but hadn't yet. I just assumed he was busy.

I tried his phone but it went straight to voicemail.

In the evening:

"I get your point Mr Kalra, but that would be too soon" I said to him.

"It will not be too soon. Trust me. The sooner we start the sooner we could get the project done"

"No no, I agree with Miss Sharma" Mr Rai said "We don't want other projects to be affected because of the haste"

I sighed.

After whole 3 hours, the meeting finally ended and it was already 9 now.
I collected my things from the table and into my purse only to see that there were a few missed calls from Krish.

I immediately called him back and it went to voicemail again.

This fucking time zone.

I decided to go to my parents house today and just sit with my mom because I miss her for some reason.

When I got there, Papa and Tanmay were arguing about how he's not studying and is always on his phone.

"Anika?" My mom said and I hugged her and didn't let go for a few minutes.

After so many days, all 4 of us had dinner together and after the dinner, my mom came into my room when I was working on a few designs.

"Normally you don't remember me" She said "but what happened today?"

"Yuvika's pregnant" I told her and her eyes shined.
"That is amazing! Ah, I can't believe how fast all of you grew up"

We talked till 2 am that night. I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up the blanket was covering me til my shoulders and I had no memory of dozing off.

I looked at the time and it was way past 10. Thankfully, it was saturday so no office.

Out of habit, I checked my phone and again, there were missed calls from Krish.
My heart sank at how from the last 3 days we are not able to talk at all.

It's either him calling and i'm not able to pick up or the other way around.

I miss him terribly.

I didn't call him back because he must be sleeping and if he saw me calling, he won't get rest because he'll talk to me.

I noticed that there was a voice note from him on iMessage
I smiled and put on my earplugs as I played it and closed my eyes and pretended he was here.

***

crazy? i was crazy once they put m in a room. a rubber room. a rubber room full of rats, it made me go crazy. crazy? i was crazy once. they put me in a room. a rubber room. a rubber room full of rats, it made me go crazy. crazy?-

i'm not crazy.
i hope u liked the chapter, don't forget to comment and vote.

Love love love🩷