Chapter 21

Haldi day

"Anika, Veer ki mumma ko bolo that the haldi mix still isn't here yet. We need to start soon" Yuvika's mom said to me.

I rushed back to the rooms where the groom's side of the family was staying and knocked on Veer's room where aunty was scolding him for not waking up.

"Aunty, the haldi mix!!" I said and she slapped her forehead.

She went back in the room and got the big bowl of yellow haldi paste and handed it to me. I rushed back to the garden where the ceremony was supposed to take place.

I kept that bowl on the table and the waiter brought two more of them and kept them.

I took the leaves from the helper and set them out nicely on the table beside the bowls. We need pretty.
The flowers were spread out evenly and no space was left.

I took out my phone and called Yuvika's dad.
"Ji uncle"
"Yes"
"Khanna Uncle has reached, he's asking for you"
"I don't know uncle"
"okaayyyyyy"

It was almost 2 pm and people were starting to arrive, all dressed up in yellow. And here I was, still not ready.

Everyone is so slow, if I hadn't budged in, the ceremony wouldn't have started well before 5 pm.
I don't even know which suitcase my clothes are in.

Yuvika was getting drunk. Not drunk drunk but she was drinking. Her excuse? She's nervous, she need to calm down the nerves.

It's just a beer though. Wont do much. Her tolerance level is way too high for any of us to believe.

She looked really pretty in her dress.

I wiped my hand over my forehead and told her to sit there until her mom comes to take her

"No mamma, I want ice cream" Yuvika's sister, Jhanvi's son said to her. His name is Harsh who's about 4 years old

"Bachhe, abhi nahi okay? Mausi is about to come" She told him very politely.
"Abhi abhi abhi" He kept saying.
"I said no na?"

I walked over to them and messed his hair "Ice cream chahiye, Harsh?" I asked and kneeled to his height.
He nodded with a sad face.

"Jhanvi di I'll get him ice cream. You need to go get Yuvika by the way. Aunty asked for you" I told her.

"Anika tu nhi hoti toh I don't know what I would've done" She said and put a hand on her chest and sighed.

She immediately got up and went to the makeup rooms.

Harsh held my finger tightly as he looked around his surroundings. We were walking past the garden when I saw spotted Krish.

He was wearing a yellow kurta. Sunglasses sat on the bridge of his nose while he played catch with an orange with Sahil sitting in front of him.

I shook my head and took harsh with me to him.
I kept my hands on my waist and looked at him.