Chapter 22

Mehendi day

The background played 'mehendi laga k rakhna" while everyone got their hands painted with henna.
It was the mehendi day today.

Yuvika was currently the first one to get mehendi on her hand, because she is the bride. Both her hands were in others hand as they designed a style.

Meanwhile I. I was standing behind her with a glass of juice in my hand. She said she was thirsty so I got her juice and a straw and right now she was sipping the juice.

Krish being Krish was putting sunglasses on apparently everyone. He did it yesterday to Veer and now to Yuvika.

The photographer clicked pictures and I tried to hide behind her but failed. Everyone's going to laugh when they see this picture in future.

"ANIKAAAAAA" Yuvika said throwing her head back.
"Yuviiiii" I said in the same tone and kept the empty glass on the ground and pinched her cheeks. Her eyes pinched shut and her face scrunched up.

"Do you wanna dance?" She said with a pout.
"No, thankyou" I said "Tu mehendi lagwa chup chaap"

"Fine" She said and put her head back in its place.

I smacked her head slightly and left from there.
There were not much arrangements to be made today. At least not by me so it was all going smoothly.

I just had to make sure that before someone puts mehendi on my hands, Yuvika's needs are cleared.
In case she needs something, I won't be able to do it if my hands are occupied.

After some time, both of Yuvika's hands were done and she was happy and dancing. Her mom scolded her saying that if she ruins her mehendi, no one will be worse than her.

Finally, one of the people who were here for applying mehendi got free and they asked me to come and get it done.

They made patterns of henna on my hands which looked really beautiful.

"Do you want someone's name written?" The girl asked.

I thought about it for a moment and then nodded. I told her to hide it in the patterns. I'm gonna make Krish find his name.

She did a great job at both the designs and hiding his name. I got up from the chair and went towards Yuvika to show her.

"Can you find Veer's name in it?" She said and brought her hands forward.

I looked at it for a few seconds before spotting out her to be husband's name. "Here!"

She giggled.

I was going to my room. My mehendi was still not dry and it was irritating me to not use my hands. On my way, I bumped into someone's chest and was about to fall when the hands grabbed my waist and stopped me from doing so.

"Mere pyaar mai gir rahi ho?" He said smugly.
I squinted my eyes at him and scoffed.

I closed one of my eye and pretended to think my answer "Nahi toh" I said and stepped aside from him and started walking.

He was behind me and I had to hide my smile.
When I turned my head to look at him, he looked away with a smile that immediately made me blush and look forward.

Back in our room, I tried to grab my phone but couldn't because of the undried mehendi. I groaned in frustration.

Krish came up and stood behind me and picked up my phone. His face was centimetres away from mine when he displayed my phone in front of me.

I was still looking at him when I heard a 'click' sound and saw that he had just clicked a picture of us. And when I looked at my phone, he again clicked a picture.