chapter 53

Vote and comment🖤

Part 1

Not long after, Kartik, Ishan and Sahil showed up. They patted Krish on the back but also resisted the urge to punch him.

We wouldn't have been in this situation if he just told me the truth but we need to be mature and move beyond that part in life if we want to move on and have a happy life.

He gave me the ring, the pendant and the kangan back, he insisted on putting them on himself.

I slid his engagement ring back in his finger. We had a small engagement, just the two of us.

"Ab mujhe waapis mat karna kabhi" He looked down at our rings, not letting go of my hand for even once.
(Don't ever return it back to me)

"Tum jhuth mat bolna" I replied which made him look into my eyes.
(Then don't lie to me)

We were sitting on the couch, soft music playing behind as we wanted a little noise. We'd both fall asleep if it was totally silent.

"Never" He whispered.
"Promise?"
"I swear on my life"

He kept his hand on my thigh, rubbing soft circles with his thumbs in comfort.

No matter the distance, we'd always come back to each other. It wasn't just a promise, it was a commitment, a fact.

We promised each other that we'll get married in future when we were only 4 and 6.

We weren't together most in the last 22 years but we kept falling in love with each other. Unknown to name, identity but we fell in love.

I loved Rahul, but i equally love Krish. They're the same person. He's sometimes Rahul sometimes himself.

"You know this Vaishnavi thing was so stupid" I recalled how their plan was to make her my friend and betray me later.

"Ugh" He pinched his nose bridge with his forefinger and thumb "I was stupid. Actually Nyxen was stupid"

He went on to tell me about the whole deal. I couldn't help but laugh at it.

"No more Vaishnavi's" I warned him "Or else no more Anika for you"

"Ji hukum" He said, his gaze lazy.

I was scared to ask my next question "Can I- can I see your scar?"

He knew I meant the scar where the bullet hit him.

I realised that the night I woke up crying was the same day he was shot.

He nodded and opened the buttons of his shirt.

He showed no emotions when we talked about what happened that night. He blamed himself for the death of Nyxen's brother.

I looked at the scar. It was still a little purple and in the process of healing. It made me feel so guilty. I should've been there for him.

"Does it hurt?" I whispered. I brushed my thumb over it.

He covered my hand with his "No"

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there" I leaned to kiss the scar. He stiffened under my touch.

His other hand softly brushed through my hair as I kept my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. So glad that it was still there.

I raised my head a little to look at him. A small smile appeared on my lips as he leaned down and connected our lips together.

He picked me up bridal style and didn't stop kissing me as he closed the door. He gently let go of me on the mattress.

He slowly removed my clothes and sucked on my breasts, making me desperate for more. I missed his touch.