Chapter 49

vote and comment 🌷
sorry for the delay, the chapter is longer than i usually write so enjoy <3
can we reach 150 votes before the next update?

"I love you, Anika"

I paused at the door and the tears threatened to fall down but I squeezed my eyes shut to prevent them.

I opened my eyes to look at him. His cool demeanour and calm personality was all gone. His eyes were filled with tears.

"I don't love you Krish" I lied "Not anymore"

His throat tightened "Tumhara pyaar khatam ho gaya, Anika but I love you enough for the both of us"

He walked towards me but before he could reach me, I walked away from him.

I don't think I can stay here anymore. He's right there and I don't think I'll be able to stop myself if I see him once again.

I found Satvik sitting by the bar, not drinking.

"I'm leaving" I told him. He immediately stood up from the seat and nodded.

"I'll take you home" He said and proceeded to walk forward but I stopped him.

"No" I said "I need some air. I'll walk. It's just 20 minutes"

"Are you sure?" He raised his brow and I nodded.

I walked out of the building and though it was dark, the lights from street lamps and car headlights were still illuminating the road.

Why did he show up. Today? Out of the all the days.

More over, who does he think he is to even say "I love you" to me. He doesn't have the right anymore.

He chose to prioritise his hatred for Nyxen over our love. Time and time again I told him that I'll be with him, that I'll support him.

But he didn't care clearly.

I looked at the traffic lights
(I ask the traffic lights if it'll be alright they say I don't know🤭)

The light turned red and I crossed the road. I could see my house from here but there's still some distance.

In a few days of time, my house will be decorated with flowers and lights. There'll be written "Shaadi wala ghar" on it.

There was a time when I was excited about it. Only because I would've married him.

I heard a car honking. I thought that I might be walking in the middle of the road so I walked a little to my left, leaving enough space.

The honking continued.

(Play ve kamleya if u wanna. it matches the vibes a little)

"The fuck is your pr—" I said but then I noticed the car and figured who's car it was.

The window rolled down. And he was there.

"Let me please explain, Anika" He said from inside the car.

"No need Krish" I said, his name heavy on my tongue.

I decided to not entertain his pleads and walked faster to get away from here, from him.

My heels clicked on the ground rapidly as I moved. I didn't hear the car honking anymore so I thought he might have left.

But then suddenly, a hand gripped my wrist and pulled me back I hit his chest hard.

I backed away quickly.

The familiar scent filled my nose. The same scent that made me feel better a few minutes back. I hate this scent and I can't bear to be around it.