Part 9

Dear Diary, Heather Chandler is a slut and I almost got date-raped...

I know it might seem weird that I had sex with my friend a week after my first boyfriend died. But, Vincent wants me to move on. So, I guess I'm fulfilling Vincent's last wish in a way... Anyway, me and JD were on my bed after getting "freaky" last night.

"That was fun." I told JD.

"Yeah." JD said as he chuckled. "What time is it, by the way?"

"Um. 6:15."

"Damn. We gotta start getting ready for school."

"That can wait. We still have time."

"Yeah."

We kissed one more time until my mom opened the door.

"Veronica. It's time to go to- Who's this?" My mom asked when she saw JD.

"Um. This is my friend, JD." I awkwardly told my mom.

"Friend?" JD whispered to my ear. "Uh, hi, Mrs. Sawyer."

"Hi. Uh, I hope I wasn't interrupting something." My mom awkwardly chuckled.

"Oh, no. We were just s-studying!" I said.

"Human anatomy test." JD said.

"Ok. Uh, be ready by 6:40, ok?" My mom said as she left my room.

"Seriously, Veronica?"

"God! What is your problem!?"

"That we're more than just friends, Veronica! Do you sleep with your friends!?"

"N-No."

"Then why am I still in the friendzone, Veronica?"

He got me. I've been trying to avoid this conversation for some time, but I guess I have to come clean now.

"Sigh. You said that you and your dad move a lot and that you never bothered with learning names and faces. So, I guess I didn't want to get too attached if you were gonna leave." I confessed to him.

"Veronica." He then gave me a tight hug. "My dad said that we're stuck in Sherwood until I graduate. I'm not going anywhere, Veronica."

"Ok. I guess we can finally become a couple now."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Ok. I love you Veronica."

"I love you too, JD."

We kissed and then headed to school. When I got there, people were giving me weird looks. Like I had done something. I thought it was about Ram's homecoming party, but that was more than a month ago. I arrived at my locker and I was in shock. Some asshole spray painted "Slut" in front of my locker.

"What the hell?" I thought.

Chandler then approached me and she was as confused as me.

"What's going on, Ronnie?" She asked me.

"I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out."

People were whispering and looking at us weirdly as we talked. Then, Duke and her new friends approached us.

"What do you want, Duke?" Chandler said to Duke.

"I cannot believe you're still talking to this slut after what she did, Heather." Duke said.

"What are you talking about, Heather?" I asked Duke.

Duke then starts laughing. 

"You don't know what you did? You slept with Heather's man, Sawyer! I saw you two having sex last night"