Part 12

I believe some people are forgetting that I'M the star of this show! I may have been visiting my family in France for the past two months, but that doesn't mean that people can muscle in on MY territory.

I slammed open the doors and everyone stared at me. They were surprised that I was here. I walked towards my locker and opened it. That's when Duke and her "friends" approached me. God, did she always wear that disgusting perfume? Cause it STINKS!

"Annyeong, agma."

"I'm sorry, I don't speak ching chong."

Duke's jaw dropped when I said that. Boy, do I love offending Duke. It gives me so much pleasure.

"Now if you excuse me, I need to be somewhere else."

As I started to walk away, I came across Veronica. The last time we saw each other, she accused me of being a slut and a whore. While I was away, I thought of Veronica every single day. It was so strange. I've never been this much in love with anyone before...

"V-Veronica." I said in shock when I saw her.

"Heather. Hey."

"H-How have you been?"

"Good. How was your trip?"

"Veronica, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made out with JD behind your back and I'm really sorry." I apologized to her.

"It's ok. I forgive you."

"What?"

"I was thinking of when we were together and I thought that maybe I should forgive you, Heather."

I smiled. Knowing that I could be back with Veronica, made me really happy. And then, Jesse James came. He didn't have his trench coat and instead, he was wearing a dark blue flannel shirt over his white t-shirt. He approached Veronica, put his arm around her, and kissed her. I was so confused.

"Veronica?"

"Right. Uh, JD? Can you please give us a minute?"

"Sure. I'll see you later." He then gave her a kiss and walked away.

"Bye, JD!"

"What the hell is going on, Veronica?" I asked her.

"Let's go outside first."

Veronica and I then walked to the back of the school and I patiently waited for Veronica to explain everything.

"So, I also forgave JD and now we're dating."

The whole world stopped and my heart dropped when she said that.

"I-I see."

"Heather, I-"

"No. It's fine. I guess Jesse James was the winner of your heart."

Veronica then leaned towards me and gave me a passionate kiss on my lips.

"Heather, I do love you. And I would've chosen you over JD."

"Why?"

"Because even though JD understands what it's like to lose someone close, I feel more like myself around you. I can open up to you better than when I do with JD. The thing is, society would never accept us. I had to choose JD because I don't want to ruin your reputation."

"Do you think I care what society thinks of us!? I love you, Ronnie! Every single day that I was in France, I thought of you. I love you, with all my heart."

"I love you too, Heather. That's why we can't be together. I'm sorry, but your reputation is far more important than me."

"I don't care about my reputation, I care about being with you."