Chapter 15: A Deal with the Joker

Three days had passed since Pitou and her friends had successfully rescued Mina, and she had finally been returned safely to her companions. However, little did they know that the events that unfolded would forever change their lives.

The horrors that Mina had endured were beyond words, unspeakably cruel. Yet, what truly shook everyone to their core was the reaction towards Pitou. The weight of their judgment and disbelief hung heavy in the air.

Though many were not present to witness the ordeal, Killua and Gon knew they had to share the harrowing truth with the others. The impending revelation would send shockwaves through their already fragile world.

"Are you serious? That Energy was coming from Pitou!?....No way" Makoto exclaimed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"That Aura.....it felt....awful, I mean, I can understand why she would be upset but still." Said Millianna.

The group was desperately attempting to unravel the enigma of what had transpired. However, amidst the chaos, one thing remained unequivocally paramount: ensuring Mina's well-being.

Yet, a lingering question plagued the minds of all present: how would they confront Pitou once she finally regained consciousness?

For the past three agonizing hours, they had been grappling with this unsettling uncertainty.

Meanwhile, Pitou was experiencing her own trials and tribulations. Amidst her slumber, she found herself immersed in a peculiar dream.

In this dream, she found herself trapped within an infinite, dark realm that extended far beyond her line of vision.

That's when a sudden, towering figure approached her. It stood as tall as a building, completely overshadowing her. "Give in and accept your true form!" the entity declared with a resounding voice.

As the towering figure loomed over her, its colossal presence sent shivers down her spine. The words echoed in the air, commanding her to embrace an enigmatic truth. She hesitated, caught between fear and curiosity, wondering what awaited her in this surreal encounter.

Before she could say anything. Another figure was right behind her and she got the shock of her life and it was her....but it looked different, it was a horrifying creature that resembled Pitou and it lashed out and was ready to sink it's sharp fangs into Pitou.

(!!!!) She jolted out of her bed covered in sweat.

Pitou's heart raced as the vivid nightmare clung to her consciousness. Trembling, she sat upright, seeking solace in the dimly lit room. The remnants of fear lingered, and she hesitated to let her guard down.

The eerie encounter in her dream left her unnerved. As she tried to shake off the haunting images, Pitou contemplated the meaning behind the grotesque manifestation resembling someone Herself. Was it a manifestation of her deepest fears or an ominous premonition?

With a sigh, Pitou dismissed the unsettling thoughts, attributing them to the whims of her subconscious. Little did she know that the night held more surprises, waiting to unfold in the tangled web of her imagination.

"Mina......please..... forgive me for not protecting you." There was a knock on her, and it happens to be Makoto checking up on her.

"Well, you certainly have some explaining to do little miss" Pitou didn't respond. "You seriously had us scared Pitou, and not to mention you have been acting strange lately, care to explain."

For a few minutes Pitou didn't say anything to Makoto.

Pitou's eyes flashed with a mix of guilt and defensiveness. "Makoto, you don't understand the weight on my shoulders. I never asked for your protection, and I certainly don't need your judgment."