Chapter 8

Felix's pov
The room was filled with reporters, I tried hard to blend in with other people to not get anyone attention on me, the agreement between lee corps and shin corps is not out to the public yet...and I have absolutely no idea why did they in it me here...are they planning to announce it today too? This is not how I usually ran things...i am just not on the right mind with everything going on ...thankfully it looked like everyone was busy waiting for the mysterious CEO if you ask me I am curious too...like who are they? Why they have to hide all these years?

"Are you okay sir?" my secretary asked making me glance at her, to not attract much attention I just came with her today without the other board members.
"yes I am fine why?" I asked confused.
"you look lost when i called for you" she replied scanning me...before I could ask her why she called for me we heard a loud voice echoing through the conference room.
"thank you for coming everyone...my name is shin jungwoo, the younger son of the past CEO and owner of shin corps, I am sure most of you know me" a young looking man said earning everyone's attention...is he the new CEO?

"Mr shin, were you the one who took after your father?" a reporter asked.
"straight to the point I see...no I didn't, first let's welcome the rest of the family" he replied as soon as she finished his words an old woman followed by a young-looking girl behind her walked to jungwoo...Mrs shin and hwang yeji...the fact that her name sounds exactly like hyunjin's cousin made me kind of suspicious...i mean he said his mother's family is rich...but I don't think it's the shins right...how did they keep his mom and his family a secret all these years if so?
"Mrs shin..." a reporter was about to talk but the old woman cut him off when she moved her hand up in the air...damn her behaviour is so scary...wait...hyunjin said his grandma is hard to deal with...Mr shin died...he said his grandpa was sick.

I felt nauseous all a sudden as I scanned hwang yeji...good damn it how didn't I think about this? How was it so blind...i mean I didn't have time to think about the shins before especially in the past years...like all of them just disappeared ...they are known to keep a low profile but the past years they lived in the dark...if they weren't a very strong known family in south Korea people would have forgot about them...i locked eyes with yeji who gave me a little smile...what the hell? If what I am thinking about is true it means that...he was under my nose...for the whole time..no it can't be.
"as my son said he is not the current CEO neither I am" the old woman said as if she knew what the reporter was going to ask.

I took a deep breath scanning the place " I am going to continue overseeing the company as the current chairman  ,for my granddaughter hwang yeji is going to be the Vice President of the corporation as for my youngest son he will be involved with the board" the woman said fixing her glass" I know all of you are here just to know who ran our corporation since my late husband passed away, it is not know for many people but I have the oldest daughter due to some past conflict she and her family was not involved with us for years...the current CEO of shin corps is her oldest and only son hwang hyunjin" she added making him whole body freeze...it is like someone had thrown a frozen pot of water on me...

As soon as she finished her words she looked at the side...everyone followed her gaze as whispers started to fill the place seeing the man who was walking toward the conference table...hwang hyunjin, I gulped scanning him.

hwang hyunjin, I gulped scanning him