II - The Seasons - Winter

Sins of the father: 

Sins of the father: 

Sometimes I can't believe the irony that is my name. 'Vegas', the city of sin, and boy, have I sinned. And then the name 'Kornwit'. To somewhat share a name with the man I hate most in the world. That is my legacy. I was 10, when my father first told me about how he wanted me to ensure that I would rule the Theerpanayakul empire. I was proud of the fact that my father trusted him so much. I was 12 when I rescued Thankhun after his kidnapping. When I saw my 16 year old brother raped and beaten, almost to the point of death, I felt horrified. But something snapped in me when I realised that it was at the command of Thankhun's own father that this was his condition. Thankhun was never supposed to have been rescued, and by doing so, I paid an unbelievable price. I became, forever and more, a slave to my uncle's idiosyncrasies, my father's disappointments and my 14 year old cousin's unheralded saviour. It was not a role I relished, but I did it, stoically, not wanting to draw attention to what was brewing in my head.

I kept my brother out of all this family drama as much as possible, wanting to give him a life that would be free of the losses I myself had faced. When Tawan walked into Kinn's life, I knew his motive, which is why I drew Tawan away, not realising how this attempt could be misconstrued on a later date. After Porche joined the minor family, and I found out about his background, I understood really quickly that Porche was also a pawn in Korn's game. And he had a brother to protect as well. Somehow I found a kindred spirit in the man. My joy on finally finding a friend soon crashed, when I came to know that Kinn was most probably falling in love with Porche. My heart was crushed, but I knew I now had a weapon. I just wanted to get Porche out of the mess, and I brought Tawan back into their lives to sow discontent and discord. Unfortunately, that triggered a mass problem, at the end of which I was forced to run away. What I didn't account for was Pete Saengtham.

Pete had come snooping, trying to find evidence to exonerate Porche. I had tortured him, wanting to break this man, but I was shocked at Pete's resilience. When my father had asked me to kill Pete, and then go into hiding, I had shocked myself by taking Pete with me. Despite the amount I had tortured him, Pete stayed stoic, not only sympathising about my past, but also empathising with me. He never overstepped his boundaries, but never backed-off either, making it too hard for me to resist him. After a particularly bad day with my father, I had goaded Pete, and tried to walk off, but Pete had other plans. It was Pete who pulled me back, Pete who kissed me, Pete who initiated it, and Pete who handed me the ropes for binding his hands. I had always been a master of cruelty, but with this man who squirmed and undulated under me in complete pleasure, I had no choice but to be reverent. I did tie Pete's hands, but not with harshness, but with what both of us did not realise was love. When I kissed Pete's hands above the knot, it was like I was finally admitting to myself that Pete meant more to me than I could imagine. When I entered his man (yes, now Pete was my man), when I was finally sheathed inside, I breathed in relief. It felt like I was finally home. And then Pete ran away, taking a part of me he didn't even know he had. And I had to return, for my Pete.