III - The Holiday Exchange Part 2

Phayu had never seen someone quite like Rain. When he got home and saw the soup simmering, he had assumed that Pai was trying to make up with him after the fiasco the other day. When he went to his room and heard the sound of the shower, he decided that he would talk to Pai after he took his own. But the sight that had met his eyes was something he had never imagined. Pai and he were born to rich, elite families. Their surname could cause the whole of Thailand to shiver. So they had had their fair share of conquests. But seeing this boy had done something to his insides, like no one ever had. But right now, he had a different priority. "Did you say Pai and you swapped houses?" he asked, fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. "Yes Phi. P'Prapai did not tell you? I mean, clearly not. But I am not surprised, since I did not tell Sky either. I am sorry I took your boyfriend's room Phi, your room I mean, but I can sleep in the guest room. Just for today, since I will not find any hotel at this time Phi so..," he trailed off as Phayu came closer and pinched his lips together.

"Nong Varain, first, he is my cousin, not boyfriend. Second, I am not throwing you out of my house today, or any other day, till however long you and Pai signed the deal for. And third, who the hell is Sky?" Phayu asked, allowing a bit of his possessive streak come forward. He knew he had no right to the boy, but hearing him talk, oh so casually, about another man, set off fireworks in his body. "mhmphfh" Rain said. "Huh?" Phayu asked, and then jumped back, realising that he was still pinching the boy's lips. "You both look so different Phi," he smiled, knocking Phayu metaphorically on his ass. "Thank you for giving me permission to stay, and Sky is my bestest friend in the whole wide world," he said sweetly. "I see. I need to make some urgent calls Nong. But before that, can I share your dinner? I haven't eaten anything since today morning and I am starving," he smiled winningly at Rain. "Of course Phi. Would you like to eat first? Or make your calls?" Rain asked. "I will get dressed and come. I had rather eat the food when it is hot," Phayu said. Rain nodded, and Phayu immediately rushed upstairs to get dressed.

Phayu was intrigued. Rain had seemed such an intriguing mix of shy and bold. He had startled when he had seen Phayu in the kitchen, looking totally terrified out of his wits. Then he had just been shy, and very polite. But considering that he swapped his house in Chiang Mai with an absolute stranger, he must be a bold guy. But whoever he was, Phayu wanted a taste. He wanted to just soak himself in the warmth that boy exuded. And boy! Was he losing it! He had not been laid in a long time, if he was thinking about fucking a complete stranger, completely cute(if he may say so!) stranger who looked way too innocent for his tastes. He usually did not go for the totally virgin façade, but he might be open to make an exception. Not now of course, but soon. When he went back to the kitchen, Rain was ladling soup into two bowls. Another plate had sandwiches cut neatly. There was also a bowl of cut fruits, and two glasses of water had also been set out. "Wow! That's efficient Nong," Phayu said.

That's when Phayu noticed. Rain's clenched jaw at something. "So Nong," again the clench. "You don't like being called 'Nong'?" Phayu guessed immediately. Rain shook his head. "No Phi. The last person to call me that was an ass..," Rain trailed off. "Sorry Phi!" he looked stricken. "Hey, hey! It's okay. Usually I don't like the use of bad language from those younger to me, but I will make an exception for now! So, now, what should I call you?" "Rain Phi, I go by Rain," Rain said smiling. "So Rain, tell me, how did you end up here? If you don't mind telling me?" Phayu asked. "I came to escape some stuff back home Phi. Just that, by the time I planned to leave, most hotels were fully booked. One of my colleagues talked about this home-swapping et voilà! Here I am!" Rain said. He was trying valiantly to act completely nonchalant, but Phayu could see the sadness brimming within. So, he didn't question the boy further, instead choosing to praise his cooking skills, which made Rain shyer and then not letting him clean the kitchen. "Go and get a good night's sleep Rain. Phi will take care of this. We will talk tomorrow, yeah?" Rain nodded, and trudged away with a polite waii and a sweet smile.