XIII - I see forever in your eyes

A/N : Missha, Ailani, Dia and Neiki from the server must be thanked for a hopeful(ly) happy ending

A/N : Missha, Ailani, Dia and Neiki from the server must be thanked for a hopeful(ly) happy ending. Title is from my favourite song, Dandelions, by Ruth B.

"If you don't make it Yu, Sky will have my head on a fucking platter. You are my best man and this is my engagement party! You better be here and that's it!" Pai said, his voice up an octave. "Are you that scared of your fiancé?" Phayu asked, turning his revolving chair round and round. "I love him that much! And you have lived long enough with your head up your ass! Just come. Maybe your soulmate will be here. Enough and more people are coming tonight!" Pai said. "That's the main reason I don't want to come. I am tired of this whole soulmate thing," Phayu said, sounding tired and desolate. "I understand your feelings Yu. But if an ass like me can find his soulmate, you definitely can. And remember? There was a moment your soul mark almost burned. What if that person is around today as well?" Pai asked. Phayu sighed. He would go, not to find his soulmate, because that ship had long sailed, but just to be with Pai. Maybe being surrounded by friends would give him a much needed respite from this never-ending pain that stabbed his heart.

"I don't know if I want to see him Sky," Rain said, staring out the window of his beautiful skyrise apartment. He had just moved back to Bangkok, and was renting this place until he found the perfect land for the house that he wanted to build for himself. It might take time, but Rain was willing to wait. "I can't help the fact that he is P'Pai's best man Rain. But you are mine. And I need you. You know that," Sky said, his voice cracking a bit at the end. Rain knew how much Pai loved Sky, and how much Sky loved Pai, but Rain and Sky were also soulmates. Platonic, of course, but their bond had been tied in-vitro, when their moms had been rushed together for delivery. Born minutes apart, they had howled and screamed, until they had surprisingly been put in adjacent beds in the nursery. Then they had turned towards each other and slept peacefully. When separated, they were inconsolable, and then the parents had seen the tiny marks on their skin, the tiny blue marks, the pale blue thread strung together. For the very first time in the history of soulmates, platonic or otherwise, had two found themselves as soon as they existed.

Only Sky and his closest gang knew why Rain was reluctant to come. Phayu, the man everyone adored, worshipped, his P'Pai's best friend, was actually nothing but an asshole and a bastard. He had rejected the thought of ever having a soulmate in front of his soulmate. And Rain, being Rain, had never told him who he was. He had walked away, head held high, and had never looked back. And now he was back. After almost seven years of slogging, working hard, killing himself, Rain was at par, if not better, that Phayu as an architect. His firm had bid against Phayu's for a very important project and had won. Which was why Rain had decided to come back, timing it perfectly with Sky's engagement and wedding plans. Sky knew his fears and worries like he knew his own. "Rain, I know it's going to be hard. But for me, please?" he asked. Rain closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Just because his soulmate was scum, he could not let Sky, who was his most important person, down. And this was his day. Rain would make it happen. "Okay," he said, hoping he was doing the right thing. "I'll come."