X - Home Run(ning to you) 2

"Varain? Who is Varain?" a girl, maybe second year, came up to the group. "Phi, I am Varain," Rain immediately stood up. 'Hello Nong," the girl said. Rain waiied. "Ajarn Chen is looking for you," she said. "Khap phi. Thank you," he said, and the girl left. "Sky, my..," he began. "I got you. Go," Sky told him, without missing a beat. Rain left immediately and Phayu felt his loss hitting him hard. Something must have shown in his demeanour, because he saw Pai look at him strangely. "You okay Yu?" he asked. "I am fine Pai. Nong, if you guys need any help, let me know, okay?" Phayu told the three boys. He wanted to ask them to tell Rain too, but he didn't want to make anything obvious. "Phi, you can help Rain actually," Por said. Sky looked at him sharply, annoyed at Por, but didn't show any change in his expression. "How come?" Phayu asked, curious and happy inside. "He is your direct code line junior Phi," Sig said. Sky mentally facepalmed. "Okay, I will watch out for him," Phayu said, doing internal handsprings. This was going to be the best way to chase his omega.

"What is it Rain?" Sky asked, as soon as they entered their dorm room. "What do you mean?" Rain asked. "I know something is wrong Rain. You have been off since the baseball try-outs. I demand to know what it is," Sky said. "He is my mate," Rain said, not mincing words. This was Sky, his best friend. The one friend who had been his saving grace in this world. "Who? Phayu?" Sky asked, shocked. Rain nodded. "But he has a girlfriend," Sky said, disgust lacing his tone. "Yeah. And now I have to put up with him at the code line dinner," Rain dropped on their couch. "Rain, don't go for it," Sky said, sitting by him and putting his hand on his knee. "But if I don't go, won't the other seniors feel bad? I don't want to create a bad impression on them," Rain sighed. "Okay. I have a plan," Sky said. "What?" Rain asked. Sky always had his back.

"If you have to go for it, go, and I will call you half way through, saying it's an emergency. Don't take your car. Take a cab to the dinner," Sky said. Rain frowned. "Why not?" he asked. "I don't know. Call it gut feeling," Sky said. "Okay. I trust you. I will do exactly as you say," Rain said. On Saturday night, Rain found himself with the seniors of his code line, all talking about Phayu. They called him the 'God' of the faculty. He heard praises of everything about Phayu, his looks, his studies, his work, his family and his choice in partners. Rain was ready to run even before Sky called him, he was that fed up. Just as he was about to give his excuses and run, Phayu entered. The scent of his favourite hot chocolate filled his nostrils, making it crystal clear that this man was his mate. He hated it. He hated that his mate was a man with a partner. All Alphas were alike and they had no shame. When Phayu was introduced to him, he just gave a small smile and waiied politely. The rest of the time, he ignored him. He had realised that Phayu wanted to catch his attention, but he refused to give him that.

Exactly 20 minutes after Phayu reached there, Sky called him. "I am here Rain," he said. "What do you mean you are here?" Rain asked, surprised. The plan had been for Rain to excuse himself saying that his friend needed him, and leave using a motorcycle taxi. So why was Sky here? "Just come Rain," Sky said. "Be there in 2," he said, standing up. "Aow Rain, where are you going?" Sariya, one of his seniors asked. "A family emergency Phi. I must go. Thank you all for helping me so much," Rain said. "I can drop you Nong," Phayu stood in front of him. "Not necessary Phi," Rain said and moved past him, nearly running downstairs. Phayu was very sure that Rain would wait for a taxi, since he hadn't seen his car there. So, he followed at a more leisurely pace. But Phayu was shocked to see that Rain was getting into a cab just as he reached there. Once more he had lost a chance to talk to Rain and explain things!

"Need help Nong?" Phayu asked, as he sat on the table with Rain and his friends. All of them except Rain looked up and nodded eagerly. "Thanks Phi. This stuff is hard," Sig said, pulling his hair out. "What don't you understand?" Phayu asked. Por, Sig and even Sky asked him doubts, but Rain kept silent. "Did you understand now?" Phayu asked them, but he was looking at Rain. "No Phi. Still going over my head," Sky said. Rain pulled the paper away from him, and explained it to the remaining three in the easiest of ways. "Shia Rain! This was so damn easy. Why didn't you help us before?" Sig asked. "You didn't ask," Rain said simply and turned away to his own work. "Ai'Rain, why didn't I know you are this smart? Aren't you supposed to be an airhead?" Por asked. Sky burst out into laughter. "Are you talking about this Rain? My bestie Rain?" he giggled. "Do your work Sky," Rain said. Phayu was intrigued. Just as he was supposed to ask Rain something, Rain's phone rang. "Hello Ajarn," he replied. He listened for a couple of minutes. "Khap Ajarn," he said finally, and stood up and started packing his stuff. "Ajarn Chen?" Sky asked. Rain nodded. "I will see you in class then," he said and left, leaving Phayu looking longingly after him.