X - Home Run(ning to you) 1

Phayu sighed as he dropped down on the empty bench besides his gang of friends

Phayu sighed as he dropped down on the empty bench besides his gang of friends. "Why the sigh 'Mr. God of Architecture'?" Beam asked, grinning at the majorly disgruntled look on Phayu's face. Phayu glared at him. "This whole Freshmen Orientation could not end a day sooner. Over that, P'Wan now wants me to handle the baseball selections as well!" he groaned, burying his face into this hands. "It's your fault for being that good in everything that you do," Pai slapped the table and laughed. "You are an ass, and I am telling Uncle Kinn that you nearly failed the last semester," Phayu jabbed his cousin with his elbow. "You shit!" Pai shouted, when Ple put her hand out. "Okay, okay, stop both of you," she said, knowing that when it came to Phayu and Pai, two big, bad Alphas, blood would run if no one put a stop to it. Plus, except for her, all of the others were also Alphas, so, as a Beta, she had played peacemaker all the time.

All of them had been friends since they were very young and had attended the same primary school. Phayu and Ple had started dating when they were in high school, surprising no one. But what no one knew was the fact that they had never gone beyond one kiss. For some reason, they had not felt that pull towards each other, but then they had not felt it towards anyone else. So they shared a comfortable relationship, happy that their status would ensure that no one tried getting close to them. Not that people didn't try, but both of them were easily able to deflect unwanted attention. Neither set of families were happy with this 'arrangement', but the kids were grown up enough to think about what was right for them, so they kept quiet.

In their entire group, only Pai and Fah had mates. Fah was dating his bodyguard, a time honoured tradition of the family, so no surprise there. Pai had met his two years before at a convenience store, no less, and had immediately bonded. The boy had been young, not 18 yet, so Pai had been more of a friend and mentor. But now they were close, and Sky had been wonderful for Pai. That was the only happiness that Phayu had in this whole Freshmen Orientation, because he knew that Sky would be joining his faculty. "Are you happy your boy is coming here?" Phayu asked. "I am. Plus I am happier that he is going to be your Nong. My Sky is a worrier," Pai said, fondly rolling his eyes. "Plus, he has a close friend joining with him. Don't know the kid's name, but Sky said he is an orphan, and apparently in a tough spot," Pai said. "And you are okay with that? Sky having such a close friend?" Lian asked. "Dude, I can't dictate his friends. The boy is an omega, as far as I know. And Sky doesn't make friends that easily. So if he is close to this boy, not like I can say anything about it," Pai said. "And dude! If we talk about controlling our omegas in front of our parents, we will become homeless," Phayu smirks. The whole group nodded. Knowing the Theerpanayakul boys, it was definitely the omegas who held the power there.

"Where is Fah today? Haven't seen him since the morning?" Perth asked. "Out with P'Chai. He said he had classes in the afternoon, so I guess P'Chai will drop him off," Phayu said. Phayu was the Alpha twin, Saifah was the omega. Prapai was also an Alpha, as was his sister Phan. Her twin Plerng was a beta, their other cousin Daonuea, their Uncle Kim and Uncle Chay's son, and Oh-Aew, their Uncle Khun and Uncle Arm's son, were omegas. However, all of them had been brought up equally. They had all been trained and taught how to protect themselves in the same manner. Considering the fact that Phayu's own Pa, as well as Pai's Pa, had both been trained bodyguards, it was not surprising that the omegas of the family were actually tougher fighters than the Alphas, totally insane and menacing when it came to self-defence. And Aew was a natural hacker, like his Dad, and was about to start his freshman year in the Computer Engineering Department, along with Dao, who would be in the Fine Arts faculty, Phan in Business and Plerng in Biotechnology. So the whole family would be here now.