X - Home Run(ning to you) 4

Phayu woke up, completely disoriented. The last thing he remembered was that his rut had unexpectedly hit and that he was in the lockers after baseball practice. But this was his room. How was he here? Had he been able to call Pai or Saifah? He checked his phone. The last six calls had been to Ple. That was strange. He would never call Ple during his ruts. In their world, betas could mate only with their mates, be it Alpha or Omega. Anyone else, and it could trigger a variety of problems that no one would like to have. Had he called Ple to talk to her? Then maybe he had asked her not to come because his rut had hit. Then he realised that all of this speculation was pointless. He took a deep breath and took stock of himself. His body seemed different, like it was well serviced. But there was no other scent in the room. He sniffed his pillow and comforter, but they smelt of his laundry detergent. He tried to stand, and stretch. There were definitely signs on sex on his body. He could feel the stings of small wounds on his back. Although his body seemed to have been wiped down, he could feel a difference in this rut, as compared to his previous ruts, that he usually spent alone.

Fuck! That was the difference. This was his room. In his house. The house he shared with Saifah. Initially Pai lived with them, but then he found Sky, so he moved out. Even though Fah had Chai, he still would spend a lot of time taking care of his brother. What was he doing here? Where were his things from the locker? He pulled on a pair of boxers and rushed downstairs. All his things were laid neatly out on his low coffee table. Who was it? Phayu wracked his brains and then picked up a sheet of paper from his folder, looking at it despondently. That's when he got it! That faint honey and citrus scent. 'Rain! Rain had helped me!' he thought excitedly. Then his face fell. This was probably the best time to talk to Ple. He needed to get out of that, before he pursued Rain sincerely.

He immediately called Ple. "Hi Phayu," she said, sounding a bit sad. But all that could be sorted later. "Ple, we need to talk," he said, straightforward to the last. "I agree," Ple said softly. "Meet me at the library in 30?" Phayu asked. "Okay," Ple said. Exactly 30 minutes later, Phayu rushed into the Uni, looking for Ple. She was sitting in one of the farthest corner of the library, seemingly waiting for him. "Sorry, am I too late?" Phayu asked. "Nope, just on time," she said, smiling at him. "You go first," Phayu said. "Would it be weird if I tell you that I may have found my mate?" Ple asked. "Nope! Why would it be weird. I am so happy for you Ple," Phayu said. "Is it a freshman?" he added, with a wink. "Actually, it's your cousin sister, Phan," Ple said, sheepishly rubbing her neck. She was blushing, which was a new sight on her and which Phayu noted for later reference.

"I am happy for you," Phayu said. And he was. Ple was one of his closest female friends. Because of her beta status though, her family was pretty against her, mainly because her brother Som turned out to be an omega. Originally, Ple and Phayu had decided to start dating because of Som, who had a major crush on Phayu, but thankfully he had found his mate and was out of the picture. "And I hope you find your mate Phayu," Ple said, smiling at him. Phayu's face fell. "What? Don't tell me..," Ple trailed off. Phayu nodded despondently. "Why the hell didn't you tell me?" Ple asked, her tone clearly scolding him. "I didn't know what to say," Phayu said, sounding dumb to even his own ears. "How about.. 'Hey Ple, I found my mate. Do we do what we had planned to do when that happens?'," Ple said, irritation shooting from her eyes. "I felt bad, okay?" Phayu said, ashamed of how lame he sounded. "No, you were not feeling bad Phayu. You just weren't sure you wanted a mate, so I was your escape," Ple said, hitting the nail right on the head. Phayu stared at her. Was he really that against the idea of a mate?

"Now, are you going to talk to her? Him?" Ple asked. "Him. Rain," Phayu said, his voice low. "Shit Phayu! We were so touchy-feely in front of him. No wonder he looked at you with such hatred. Why the hell did you not tell me you moron? I would have helped you explain things to him as well," she hissed, now totally pissed with Phayu. "I had my rut with him," Phayu said, putting his head on his hands. Ple smacked him on the head. "Aow! What was that for?" Phayu asked. "Did you bite him?" she asked. "I don't know. Why?" he said. "I met Rain earlier today when he was Sky. His scent has not changed," she said. "What was his scent?" Phayu asked. "Lemon pops," Ple said. "Is that his scent when you are near him?" Phayu asked curiously. "Yes. Why? What scent do you get?" she asked. "Honey and citrus," he said. He could feel how fond he sounded, and feel his grin splitting his face. "You are a fool in love Phayu. Now go talk to him and get your man," Ple said. Phayu saluted snappily and they both were laughing as they exited the library.