X - Home Run(ning to you) 3

But as soon as the hot shower hit his body, Phayu felt dizzy. He immediately dialled it down to cold. And the shivers started. But he would do anything to get rid of the heat his body seemed to be generating. Knowing there were other alphas and omegas around, he controlled himself, making the water colder, so that his scent glands would close. He stood rigid under the water, oblivious to anything around him. "Ai'Yu, we are leaving na?" Wan said, or at least he thought it was Wan. He mumbled out some kind of reply. They must have taken it as an affirmation because in just a few moments, the entire locker room's noises receded into silence. He slid down the wall of the shower, letting the water beat at him as he sat there, teeth chattering, unable to leave, even if it was just to get his phone.

When Rain entered the showers ten minutes later, for the first time not accompanied by his entourage, he heard a shower running. He wondered who it could be. He tried stall after stall, finally stopping in front of one, where it finally hit him; the pleasant and soothing aroma of rich hot chocolate, a drink that he loved, but laced with something else, something not so pleasant. Phayu! His alpha was here. He was about to run when he realised something weird. There was no sound from the stall. Just running water. He sniffed the air again. Phayu's scent was unreasonably strong, and that meant...

Rain immediately pushed the door of the stall. The sight that met his eyes almost had him buckling at the knees. Phayu lay in the stall, icy cold water running over him, in a bizarre way of keeping the heat in his body contained, wracked with shivers, lips blue. He was barely conscious. Rain quickly turned off the water. Phayu groaned, twitching. Rain ran to get his phone and dialled Sky. "Yeah? What happened? Was he there?" he barked out question after question, worried about Rain. "No. I mean yeah, he is here. But I don't think he is fine," Rain said. "I think his rut is coming in," he added. "All the more reason for you to get out of there as soon as possible Rain," Sky said, frantic now. "I will leave Sky. I will call P'Ple and leave. I am sure she will know what to do," Rain said. "Okay, call her. And don't disconnect from my call," Sky said. Rain took Phayu's phone and used face recognition to unlock it. He dialled Ple's number at least four times, but her phone was switched off.

"She's not picking. What do I do Sky? I can't leave him here. Can you try P'Pai?" Rain asked into his phone. "Ai'Rain, did you forget? P'Pai has gone with his fathers for that urgent meeting," Sky said. "Shia!" Rain said softly. "Do you know where he lives Sky?" he asked. "I do. P'Pai took me there once," Sky said. "Give me the address," Rain said. "Rain, you can't be thinking..," Sky trailed off. "He is my mate Sky, whether I acknowledge him as such or not. Whether he acknowledges me as such or not. The least I can do for him is safely drop him home when his rut hits," Rain said. "Then wear your collar. Do you have it with you?" Sky asked, knowing how stubborn Rain could be. "I do," Rain said. "Wear it first. You know that in this state, he may not have his senses around him," Sky said. There was a rustling sound, as if someone was looking for something. Then a couple of minutes of silence, before Rain's voice came back. "All done. Now, what is the password of his house?" Rain asked. "You reach his home, by then I will send it to you on LINE," Sky said. "Okay," Rain said, and then he was gone.

Rain thanked all his lucky stars for all his trainings for baseball and mixed martial arts, that he had started to practice, so that no Alpha could ever hurt him again. Somehow he managed to get Phayu dried up and dressed. He then half pushed, half dragged Phayu out of the lockers and managed to get him to his car. He wondered how to tackle his Alpha. Shivers wracked his body continuously so now Rain had no option but to figure out what he could do on his own. He had not locked Phayu's phone so he tried dialling P'Ple once again. Her phone was still switched off. Rain found it strange. Why was her phone switched off? It was not that late at night that someone would not want to be disturbed. Finally he got Phayu to the car. He dropped all their things in front of the car before making Phayu comfortable in the back seat. Then he stowed everything in the boot. He then checked his phone, noting that Sky had sent both the location, and the code, to Phayu's house.