Chapter 20: (Arc II) The Goblin Wars Begin! The Mysterious Foe Overlord!

"Overlord... I've heard about that guy. He's bad news," says Haru.

"He's been getting ready to retaliate against you for years for the wrongs done to our kind, but I didn't think the scumbag would do it this early. Ah, what the hell, it's not my problem anyway."

"What in the hell are you talking about?!" asks Shinjiro.

Xolly raises his cuffs, the metallic clasps catching the light. "If you let me free from these cuffs, I'll tell you what he's planning."

"As if we would let you free, you bastard!" says Navar.

Shinjiro rests his hand on Navar's shoulder, trying to calm him with a gentle touch. "Calm down, Navar."

Shinjiro slowly approaches Xolly, the tension between them palpable. "How do I know I can trust you?"

"There's 10 of you and one of me. I have no intention of fighting anymore. Besides, Overlord and I had a falling out, so I no longer do things on his behalf."

Shinjiro considers Xolly's proposal before slipping a golden key out of his pocket. "Fine."

As Shinjiro moves closer to Xolly, Haru grabs his arm, preventing him from continuing. "Shinjiro, are you sure about this?"

"Yes, I am," Shinjiro unlocks the handcuffs from Xolly's wrists.

Xolly throws the cuffs away and gives Shinjiro a sardonic smile. "Thank you,"

Xolly swivels around to face the crowd. "Overlord's plan is...."

"..."

"Hah, as if I'll tell you, guys!" The air around Xolly crackles with heat as he summons Lava JōKai in the palm of his hand.

"Guys, lo-"

Xolly releases a powerful Lava blast that sizzles as it flies toward Shinjiro. "Lava Summoning: Scorch Stream!" Shinjiro feels the scorching heat of the Lava blast reverberate through his body as it critically strikes his waist, rendering him unconscious.

"Shinjiro!" says Haru.

Haru unsheathes his Ion blaster from his holster and aims it at Xolly. "You'll pay for that, you bastard!"

Xolly raises his hand and feels the crackle of energy as Lava JōKai appears. "You're in the way of the actual threats!" Xolly hurls the Lava JōKai ball in Haru's direction, the bright red and orange colors blurring in the air.

Juyon jumps in, a feeling of energy emanating from his fists as Hard Terrain JōKai takes form. He raises his palms to his face and squeezes his fists together, attempting to repel the attack. "Horns of Taurus!" Juyon feels the sheer force of the Lava blast when it collides with his fists, sending him flying into a nearby building.

Jax's hand hovers over his Ion blaster, his fingers touching the leather of the holster, until Miri places her hand on his shoulder, causing him to pause. "You and Haru go find some help. Leave it to the Warriors to take care of him."

"Ok," Jax and Haru hurry away from the quarrel and glance around for any sign of help in the vicinity.

Navar unsheathes his blade, his eyes flashing with anger. "Miri, let's kick this guy's ass!"

Miri readies her attack stance, her Two Daggers gleaming in her wrist slots. "You read my mind."

Navar and Miri engage Xolly, feeling the JōKai Amplification surging around their body, pushing them to move faster. Xolly stretches out both hands and conjures Lava JōKai into them, releasing a wave of scorching heat at Navar and Miri. Miri dodges the lava, then lunges forward, brandishing her daggers with a stabbing motion. "Two Daggers: Pouncing Strike!"