Chapter 11: An Amazing Conclusion! Miri Vs. Astran Finale!

499 observes the clear aura surrounding Miri as he supervises the battle in the booth. "Just like her brother, she also has an exceptional learning rate. The average time it takes for a Supernatural to learn JōKai Amplification is 2 to 3 weeks. They learned it in their battles while observing it in a few minutes. Without a doubt, the ceiling for them is high."

Miri looks upon the JōKai Amplification Aura that infuses her body and recalls the battle between Navar and Juyon. "During his battle with Juyon, Navar collapsed because he used that technique too frequently. It seems the wise thing for me to do is use it sparingly," Miri grabs the daggers from her waist, then springs into the sky and tosses them in her ankle slots. She lands on her hands and uses JōKai Amplification to make her legs spin in a cyclone-like motion, creating a whirlwind of sound. "Two Daggers Leg Variation: Fenrir's Wrath!"

The speed of Miri's attack causes Astran's heart to race and a trickle of sweat to run down her forehead. "That speed is dangerous!" Astran raises her blade to chest level, using JōKai Amplification to bolster her strength, her breathing steady as she enters a defensive stance. The sound of their swords clashing echoing through the air as Miri quickly overpowers Astran's defense, sending her sword flying from her grasp. "Shit!"

Miri jumps back up, her wrist slots filled with the weight of her two daggers. She leaps forward, fueled by JōKai Amplification, and then readies her daggers with a sharp, stabbing motion. "Two Daggers: Pouncing Strike!"

Astran feels a surge of adrenaline as Miri quickly advances, her gaze wide with fear. "I don't have my blade to block the attack!" Astran crosses her arms, wincing as the force of Miri's attack digs into her forearms. Astran feels the dagger's metal within her skin as she thrashes about, attempting to break free from the grasp. "Dammit, I'm stuck!"

"Don't worry. I'll help you out," Miri uses JōKai Amplification to amplify her strength, then kicks Astran's ribs, sending her flying across the arena as the daggers retract from her forearm. Because of Miri's exhausting onslaught of attacks, her breath grows short, and she stands still, gasping for air. "That took a lot out of me. But the good thing is, I've turned the tide of the battle to my favor."

With her options running out, Astran feels a wave of panic wash over her as she contemplates her next move. "I don't know what the hell do. Her offense is now too fast for me to counter. I can forget hitting her too. I could barely get an attack on her before she learned JōKai Amplification. Now she's twice as fast. What can I do?" Finally, Astran feels sudden insight as an idea comes to her. "It's a risk, but I'll have to use my JōKai; it's my only option. I hope I can use it now...". Astran walks over to her sword, feeling the weight of it settle onto her back as she sheathes it in place. She lowers into a bent knee stance, her arms outstretched, her hands poised to form a powerful blast. "Cosmic Summoning….". An immense force from Astran causes the rubble to levitate around her, creating a surreal landscape.

Miri's body trembles as her face becomes covered in a nervous sweat. "This is what I was afraid of... I need to get out of the area. Otherwise, I'm done for!" Miri sprints to the other side of the arena, her heart pounding as she attempts to escape Astran's range.

During her process of channeling the attack, a voice saying, "You'll pay for the sins you've committed," Sounds through Astran's psyche. This voice makes her feel disoriented and causes her to lose her focus. "Come on, focus.. focus… Don't let this bother you again!" The powerful energy that swirls around Astran dissipates, and the rocks and tiles fall back into their original places. "No! not again?!"

Astran's attack ceases, leaving her vulnerable to attack. "Her attack stopped; now's my chance to get her!" Miri secures two daggers into her wrist slots, and then with a sharp cry, she uses JōKai Amplification to surge forward. "Two Daggers: Pouncing Strike!"

"Shoot, she's coming! I need to mount a defense," Astran pulls her blade from its sheath and assumes a defensive stance, the sound of steel ringing in the air. "Ursa Imp-" Astran's arms wrack with a crippling cramp, preventing her from using JōKai Amplification. "Dammit, this isn't good! Trying to use my JōKai earlier drained me of my strength!"

Miri lunges at Astran's torso, the force of the strike causing Astran's blade to snap in two and her to fall to the ground. Miri slides the dagger into her ankle slot and brings it up to Astran's neck, the blade glinting as it hovers dangerously close. "I win," Miri's lip corners quiver, forming an arrogant smirk.

499 enters the arena, separates Astran and Miri from one another, and holds up Miri's hand. "The winner of the second battle is Miri Okayasu. The entry exams will conclude with the last battle between Denkei and Seiju, starting in 30 minutes. You both are dismissed."

As she rests on the floor in defeat, Astran glances forlornly at her broken sword, seeing her reflection in its tarnished blade. "How can I be a warrior when I can't keep a steady mind?"

After her victory, Miri heads to Navar's hospital room. Miri slides the curtains apart and is instantly overwhelmed by Navar's presence, invading her personal space. "Good Job on the win, Miri!"

Miri gently pushes Navar away, denying his attempt to embrace her. "Woah, thanks a lot, but chill out. Astran's blade slicing across me was very painful."

"Sorry, I'm just happy that you won! You'll be an entry now!"

"Yeah, what can I say? It's just like you and I growing up during our duels. I always won."

"That's not true, and you know it's not! You're full of shit!"

"Calm down, fool. I'm just messing around with you."

"Yeah, anyway. Do you want to watch the last fight?"

"With that snob of a mage and that red-headed pervert, no thank you."

"Agreed. I'm tired from all the worry you put me through during your fight."

Miri walks to the foot of the bed. "Do you mind if I rest here? I'm drained from the battle."

"Nope, you can rest here if you wanna."

Miri extends onto the hospital bed, feeling the texture of the starched sheets against her skin as she looks up at the ceiling. "I can't believe we made it this far, and to think, all it took was one draft ticket. I-" Navar snores, cutting off Miri's conversation.

Miri's eyes twinkle as she giggles, and a wide grin stretches across her face. "You and I have been through a lot this week. Let's rest," Miri drifts off to sleep, lulled by the softness of the bed.