Meanie 11

"How is it going little one?" Seungcheol asked while entering inside, all that work just to watch his brother sigh for the ninth time of the day.

Mingyu looked at himself in the mirror again. The same black suit he bought a day before, hair neatly styled up, shoes shining but expressions on the face as if he was about to be thrown into a pit of uncertainty he didn't know how to tackle down, with all those, he felt frustrated.

He looked back at his brother, warily, "I can't believe I am doing this."

"Me neither." Seungcheol admitted. "Who would have thought out of all people you could have tied with, it was the Wonwoo written in your fate."

"Fate?" Mingyu wanted to laugh at the single word, "I feel like someone up there is trying to see how far I can take this while keeping myself alive."

"Can't deny that honestly." Seungcheol sighed too, sitting on one of the couches behind Mingyu as he asked again, "You said you'll make him back off a few days ago, what happened to that?"

Mingyu glared at his older brother, "Are you teasing me?"

Seungcheol laughed nervously, waving his hands off as he confessed, "I ought not to. I was just curious, don't take it in wrong way though I can see you have failed miserably."

"Haha, very funny." Mingyu pouted, putting his words in as sarcastic tone as he could. He then added, "I did everything I could. I annoyed him to death, i followed him everywhere, i did everything that I got to know he didn't like but still... He is not ready to back off. I wonder what's the deal with him."

"The same deal it is with you." Seungcheol was now looking at the taller with his much given attention, "You don't want your dad to feel embarrassed, so does he to his father. Beside that, if you want, you can work this out."

Mingyu thought he really heard something very funny he didn't in quite a while, "Work this out? What are you talking about working here? This marriage? Or my almost over life? Or my dead body you'd might get to see tomorrow morning?"

"You are overreacting Mingyu, he is not even that bad."

Mingyu shook his head in disbelief. For a moment, in between all the chaos, his brother had forgotten where this all started from. The taller knew the reality had to be introduced to his brother as he sat in front of him, "Really? Then how about we forget your fetish of having a love marriage and think it was you marrying from our side to Wonwoo's older brother? How does that sound?"

Mingyu thought he saw his brother's finger freezing on the screen he was scrolling a moment ago. He wanted to laugh the way his Hyung was holding his breath as if he was really imagining those scenarios that could possibly happen to him.

As expected, his older brother immediately shook his head vigerously, "No! Never!! Not with him atleast!"

"See." Mingyu was now all laid back on the couch before his Hyung, feeling proud to prove his point right, "You seem forget where Wonwoo's roots are coming from. He is the brother of the person who you could not even imagine breathing peacefully around. How am I supposed to live a whole damn life with a man like that?"

This brother pondered, too seriously to Mingyu's surprise, "You are right." With a pause, Seungcheol continued again, "But why are you even thinking about whole damn life? You can get divorced if you want to. No one will complain if it didn't work out, it's just a show put on to prove the both sides are getting along anyway."

Mingyu was taken aback. Why did he never thought this was a way too? But when he thought deeply about it, marrying Wonwoo was as bitter as divorcing him. Divorce was never an option when he went on to say 'yes' to marriage, maybe because breaking apart means breaking the two companies and it was the least thing Mingyu wanted.