Meanie 16

"Really?!" The second Wonwoo closed the door of his room, he heard Chan shouting, the younger he hadn't seen in three days had suddenly appeared on early morning and now was pacing around the dining table while yelling on the call, "Listen you motherfucking piece of shits, I want no problem. There should be no lack in protection over transportation. If I am paying you, it's for you all to fucking work! If any of your asses showed a little carelessness, i might not kill you but Seungcheol Hyung will! Get that?!"

Wonwoo saw his brows narrowing as the person from other side spoke on the phone. The dining table was rather empty today, and the lack of people around the house didn't escape Wonwoo's eyes.

Usually, if it was any other day, Wonwoo tended to wake up early and pack his back to leave in order to not being forced to have breakfast with them or anything. Living with them was already hella awkward, not to mention Wonwoo had to go lengths like coming early and getting the bed even before Mingyu could, and if he could not come early, he would be hella late, maybe midnight.

So in summary, he hadn't seen the three- four boys in days. He was doing good job at it, until today, where he fell asleep longer than he intended to and now was preparing himself to get out of the boy's sight without being too impolite.

Especially to Chan. He had a history with three brothers but Chan was still very kind to him. He talked with him like he was their own, and that was the thing that stopped him from snapping back at three brothers.

He silently walked down from the stairs and saw Chan cutting the call, turning to leave towards the kitchen, maybe for water. Wonwoo at that point couldn't care less.

This was his chance to escape without getting noticed.

But it didn't went as he planned, Mingyu caught him by his bag that he slumped on his shoulders even before he could exit from the living room.

Great. Fucking great!

"Where are you going?" Mingyu asked, not even pretending that he was interested in Wonwoo's answer as he dragged him back to the dining table, making Wonwoo turn back to smack his hand, warning him immediately, "Just stay out of my business."

Mingyu was definitely going to snap back him but Chan's voice interrupted them as he walked out of the kitchen, face shining as he exclaimed, "Hyung?" He walked in Wonwoo's direction, "We were waiting for you!"

And that's what Wonwoo hated about him. This man was too good to him!

But the fact that he said they were waiting for him stricked Wonwoo hard, "Me?" He enquired, "Why though?"

Chan replied him almost immediately,  "Family meeting. Something important happened."

Chan by now had went away, maybe to look for others but Wonwoo's mind paced at the word 'family'. How come these people just so casually accepted him as one of them, to the point they waited for him to come down so they could start their discussion?

Why did it felt so weird to him?

From corner of his eyes, he saw Mingyu pulling the chair which was present in front of Wonwoo, signalling him to sit as he himself settled beside him without saying anything.

He looked a little more serious than what Wonwoo had expected.

He wanted to know what was wrong, but he also on the other hand had no courage to ask the taller. He hadn't seen him in days, had firmly avoided him in both University and here. Neither he saw him going to sleep by his side, neither he saw him waking up. And all of sudden, sitting like this was little soul sucking for Wonwoo.

"Stop staring at me." Mingyu said and Wonwoo's eyes widened like a deer caught in headlights. He immediately looked away the second Mingyu kept his phone on the table which he was scrolling all these while and turn to look at him, "Does this mouth only work to threaten to kill me and not for letting out what goes in your head? If curious, why not ask?"