Meanie 17

If Wonwoo was being honest, his image of Seungcheol had always been what his brother told him about. He was told the older sitting in front of him was cocky, arrogant, blood boiling and a basterd for no reason man. He had spent years creating that image of Seungcheol in his head, and even now, it hadn't changed much.

Like always, Wonwoo didn't prefer to be tangled with Seungcheol at all. He widely remember how back at the dining table, when they were introduced with eachother, a small glare from Seungcheol when his father said Wonwoo was the one ready to marry from his side, had for seconds made him believe it was Seungcheol he was going to be tangled with.

And at that instance, he had felt his heart skip a beat, a prominent one.

From all of the fight Wonwoo had with three brothers, all that he knew about Seungcheol was a man who was  mad- fucking crazy up there. He talked in sarcasm, was known for not letting people bullshit around him and was very stubborn, annoyingly stubborn. Seungcheol had always appeared to him as a cold man, a man who wasn't trustworthy, but again, watching him sit in front of him and ask questions he never intended to answer, Wonwoo had realised Seungcheol wasn't the type he thought.

He paid attention, to everything.

"You won't tell me anything, right?" Seungcheol gave him a smile, the type which showed his disappointment in Wonwoo, but honestly, Wonwoo couldn't really pinpoint what he was really disappointed about.

It wasn't like they were a real family-

"I thought we were family Wonwoo." Seungcheol stated, standing up as he took a deep breath, his brother following him as well, "But seems like you didn't thought of us as family till now."

Wonwoo stared at the table, eyes refusing to look up as he muttered, "It's not as easy as you think."

"Ofcourse it's not." Seungcheol was definitely staring at him but Wonwoo couldn't make up to look at him, "But running away from us won't solve anything Wonwoo. We are a family, whether you like it or not. And since you are with us, your protection is our responsibility as well."

"I don't need protection or anything-"

"I am not asking you Wonwoo." Seungcheol's voice was cold, "I am telling you, you need to let go of the past and put yourself in present. If you'll go around without telling us anything, knowing well someone out there is already looking out for us, a single slip and you don't know what can happen to you. Do you even know how dangerous is it?"

"I am not a child." Wonwoo argued, "I know what can happen-"

"Leave it Hyung." Mingyu kicked his chair a little harshly, totally pissed as he said, "What makes you think he is going to listen to us?" And the next second, he was openly glaring at Wonwoo, "If you think disappearing from our sight will make you feel better, I'll just hope this won't backfire you. And yes, if something, by any chance, happens to you, we won't be accountable for it. Tell that to your brothers."

And he went away, fist clenched and teeth gritting in anger. Seungcheol on the other hand had just shrugged his shoulders, walking behind Mingyu as well. Right now, all that left was him, Chan and Vernon in the house.

Chan, fortunately enough, didn't said anything. Wonwoo also wasn't in mood to have some stupid moral support either. But when he stood up, it was Vernon who spoke, "I know we were never on good terms," His voice was quite muffled, "But again, I'll still suggest you to be around someone, anyone, even if they are your brothers. We'll take care of this matter, but it's impossible to take care of it at this moment. If we did something before the transaction, they'll get alert and you know, anything can happen."

Wonwoo saw hesitation in Vernon's eyes. This younger was the same man who had driven Seungkwan crazy to the point his brother was planning to kill him with chopsticks. Vernon was always the most coldest and non- friendly in the three brothers, the one who was more of careless and laid back, and watching him all of sudden pay attention to something was little surprising to Wonwoo.