~ FLASHBACK

ONE YEAR EARLIER...
THANKSGIVING

my mom was working another late shift at the hospital and as for my dad he left when i was little. my mom never told me much about him. she didn't even say if he still lived in this town or not.

i was getting my things until i heard evan obnoxiously blow his horn. i rolled my eyes and locked the door before leaving. "IM FUCKING COMING!" i yelled, i put my things in the truck and hopped in next to yulia. "hi babes" she smiled, "hey" i smiled. "hi scooby" i teased, "what's up ellie" he said giving me knuckles. "hey gabby" i said, "hey el" she replied.

"hey evan" i said, "sup" he said and we drove off to pick up bobby and jessica. "ELL!" jessica squealed giving me a big hug, "hii jessie, hi bobby" i said and hopped in the back of the truck to make room. "bobby! bobby boucher!" scuba yelled excitedly and yulia recorded them coming into the truck.

"bobby golden arm home for thanksgiving?" gabby joked, "and my ride or die, j-money" gabby smiled. "what up dawg!" evan said dapping him up, "i heard you're the new friday night guy" evan said. "ah, better be with a 96-mile per hour fastball" scuba responded.

evan revved his engine and started driving the car a little and stopped short, which made yulia smear her lipstick all over her face, "evan you are such a dick!" she said, "what?" he said innocently. "yo, nice job beating hanover" bobby said to the boys. "it doesn't take much to beat them, hanover sucks!" i chuckled.

"scuba, i heard you were unstoppable" bobby said, "thanks man it was a pretty good night until tyson furry over here almost got us locked the fuck up" scuba replied. "classic evan" gabby said rolling her eyes, "why what happened?" i asked, "we got into a run in with some drunk hanover assholes" evan explained, "fuck hanover" scuba said.

"i popped one of them in the eye," evan started, "but this one was too busy filming herself to get some fucking footage shit would've broke the internets" he continued gesturing towards gabby. "you are lucky that i didn't film that, okay?" she said pointing at evan.

"it was like waffle house level cringe" she joked, "it was bad." scruba and everyone started singing the song playing crunk ain't dead by duke deuce, they were getting really hyped. "fuck hanover" "fuck hanover" we cheered and evan drove off.

"eleanor! i wish you came to the game tonight!" gabby said turning to look at me. "yeah me too but i had the house to myself, i figured i would get some homework done" i replied.

we were now stuck in traffic it was so terrible, "this fucking traffic is ridiculous!" evan said, "oh i can't handle this shit." he said driving off, "yo pit stop!" he said turning over to right mart, "i need a new phone mine got mashed in the fight" he said. "we're not going to the store it's a zoo" jessica said. "whoa, yes we are, cause evan owes me new lipstick, thank you!" yulia said nudging him.

"what? i thought we were going to the movies!" bobby said, "we are! how am i supposed to text during the movie without a phone?" evan asked "who are you texting?" gabby asked raising her eyebrow at him. evan turned up the radio and they started singing again "OH SHIT!"

evan pulled into the rightmart parking lot and of course parks in a handicap spot. "guys we need to do this quick, okay?" jessica said, "five minutes in and out." i hopped out the truck and i stood by it, not wanting to go inside. "stealth mission, i promise" evan said, "im gonna wait here" i said, "yeah im gonna wait with ellie" bobby said.

"no no please guys don't make me go in there alone" she said dragging us, gabby hopped on evan's back and they started running to the store. bobby was getting stopped for selfies and ryan was talking to jessica. so, i decided to keep walking. i met up with the others in the back, "where's jessica and bobby?" gabby asked, getting off evan's back, "they're coming" i replied.

finally jessica and bobby were in sight.

"HEY YOU! WE GOT SOME UNFINISHED BUSINESS! YOU FUCK!" somebody yelled from the crowd. "oh fuck that's the guy from hanover that i punched" evan said, "FUCK YOU!" he yelled. "SUCK MY COCK!" scuba and evan yelled in unison, "PUSSY!" evan yelled.

the guy from hanover just continued to yell at us, "let's just get what you need and get out of here" jessica said grabbing evan's arm. "in and out i promise" evan said and we started walking into the store.

"fucking guy lonnie's 30 years old, he got held back two years and he's dating a cheerleader what a fucking loser!" evan ranted as scuba was mumbling some shit. of course evan and scuba had to start fucking around with everything. "evan! scuba! really? let's fucking go" i said, "it's fine ellie, relax" evan said rolling his eyes.

"whatever" i scoffed, "ellie come on i was just joking!" he said, evan was taunting lonnie from the window showing off the new phone, that's when things got worse. "guys!" i called out as i saw the crowd rush through the gate and start banging on the door. "dude, the fuck is happening right now?" evan asked scared.

"open the door! they're gonna get crushed!" jessica shouted, amanda was also yelling at the security guard to open the door before the people got crushed and she wanted to make sure that mitch was okay.

"jess! jess! call your dad!" julia said frantically, "give me your fucking phone!" evan yelled to gabby as she struggled to get it out of her pocket. she gave it to him and he started recording everything.

as the security guard was tying to look for the key, the glass keeping the people out of the store broke and the doors broke down onto the security guard, crushing him. everyone else piled into the store pushing everyone out of the way. evan was standing on top of the register and gabby was hiding underneath him.

yulia and scuba ran off and jessica and bobby were hiding by the carts. "ELEANOR! COME ON!" jessica shouted, i tried to make my way to them but got knocked down. i landed right on my knee, "OW! FUCK!" i groaned crying in pain.

bobby was making his way over to help the security guard that was trapped, he tried to duck down from the people. but somebody ended up crushing his hand. jessica hurried over to him to try and help.

"oh my god, ellie!" scuba said helping me up, "UGH!" i cried as he rushed me to where gabby and evan were. "oh my god" gabby said rushing to me, "what happened?" she asked, "i was trying to get out of the way and got knocked down. i landed on my knee" i cried. evan flashed on the phone on me, "evan get that shit out of my face" i said.

"my life is over" i sobbed, "ellie you're gonna be okay" scuba said. "please help me" i cried, evan hopped down for the register and bent down to my level. "ell look at me, you're gonna be okay. we're gonna get you help" he said.

the sheriff finally came into the store and shot off his gun for people to stop.

i promise it gets better from here 😂