~ 9

THREE DAYS UNTIL THANKSGIVING
TUESDAY

"eleanor elizabeth garcia, get up. now!" my mom said sternly, "ugh go away!" i groaned trying to get my sleep. "you have a lot of nerve, you ditched school yesterday? with who? your little boyfriend?" she asked. "yeah so what?" i scoffed, "what has gotten into you?" she asked. "nothing! i wanted to spend the day with my boyfriend!" i groaned.

"if i find out you ditched again there will be consequences" she said walking out. "god" i whispered, putting the pillow over my face. "all the sudden she cares?" i muttered.

i got up out of my bed and took a quick shower. tomorrow is my 18th birthday! i'm so excited. i wrapped a towel around my body and walked back to my room and picked out a simple outfit for the day. i picked out black nike sweatpants and matching hoodie with my white air forces.

i grabbed my things and headed out the front door. "hey there beautiful!" evan smiled opening the passenger door for me, "thank you" i smiled kissing his cheek. "my mom's so mad about me ditching" i sighed, "same. my dad was pissed" he said.

"they'll get over it" he said, i agreed. "do you wanna hangout after school?" he asked, "i can't today. i'm busy" i replied. "really? doing what?" he asked, "you'll find out tomorrow!" i smiled. "okay okay" he said.

"evan slow down!" i said as he drove fast down the road. he pulled into a parking space in the parking lot. "your driving is getting worse!" i said, "hey! i'm not that bad" he laughed. i grabbed my things and we headed into the school building.

evan and i walked hand in hand, through the halls of school. "yulia!" i smiled, "hey love" she said, "can you come out with me after school?" i asked, "of course"she smiled. "babe i'll see you later" i said kissing him, yulia and i walked off to first period.

"so what are you getting?" she asked, "i just want to put together a cute basket for evan's game tomorrow"
i smiled excitedly. "it's the big game before the year ends" i smiled. "that's so cute! maybe i'll do one for scuba too" she said.

yulia and i sat in our regular seats listening to the teacher go on and on about whatever assignment we have to do before the end of the year.

END OF THE DAY
"you ready?" i asked, "ready!" i smiled, "hey babe!" evan smiled, "hey!" i said. "coach is making us do a last minute practice before the game. since you and yulia are going out. do you wanna borrow my truck?" he asked. i was surprised, "really? you trust me to drive your baby" i teased. "of course i do. just be careful" he said kissing my cheek and handed me the keys.

"let's go boo!" i said linking arms with yulia. "ellie! wait can we talk?" gabby asked, "no, i don't have time" i said ignoring her. yulia and i got in truck, "wow" i said, "so mall?" she asked, "yes!" i smiled. i adjusted my seat and all mirrors before driving off.

i parked the truck by the nearest entrance and we got out. "you're driving is not bad" yulia said, "thank you. all i need is my own car" i sighed.

we walked through the mall going into a bunch of stores, i picked out cute little gifts for evan and went into a candy store to get his favorite things. "evan is going to love everything!" yulia smiled. "you think so?" i asked, "yes, of course! you worked so hard on this. he would be stupid not to love it" she giggled.

yulia decided to put together a basket for scuba as well, getting all of his favorite things. once we were done shopping we went to the food court and got a quick bite.