Chapter 12

I looked and blinked, then again blinked.
...
I screamed for Kokichi as my legs gave out. I fell onto the floor and scrambled away from what I saw. Kokichi dashed for me and kneeled, his eyes filled with concern as he hooked my hair onto my right ear.

"What's wrong?!" He exclaimed while checking for any injuries. "Are you okay?" Kokichi asked with a shaky voice. Trembling in fear, I pointed to Maki's room.

"D-dead..." was the only word I could make out. Nausea swirled over me with a painful headache that numbed the control over my body. Kokichi's eyes followed 'til the tip of my finger and looked inside the room. His eyes widened and gasped unintentionally. Supposedly, Kirumi heard us. She dashed to where we were and peered through the door as well.

"Ding dong, bing bong!
A body has been discovered, please come to Maki Harakawa's dorm immediately."

Maki was lying on the floor with a knife stabbed multiple times on her chest with her mouth all taped up. Pink blood was slightly dried like it had been a while since the killing took place. Her red maroon uniform was stained hot pink with splatters all over the walls.

I didn't expect this but here it happened, Maki is dead and I need to check on Monokuma about what the actual hell is happening.

"I-I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I muttered out loud as I trembled my way out of the dorm and to the academy. I took a deep breath a few times and I was ready to go to the bathroom again.

Once again, I tumbled through the secret room and Monokuma was standing there with a big smile on his face like he always did.

"Puhuhu, aren't you excited? Aren't you pumped? Another class trial is about to begin!" He yelled out with joy spread over his face. "Here, look at the graph on the screen," Monokuma explained and clicked on a button that showed me a bar graph of who should die.

According to this, Maki was first which leads to her dying right now. I pinched the bridge between my eyebrows before talking to Monokuma.

"Hey, by any chance. Can you not spoil the surprise? It's ruining my fun moment," I asked politely.

"Why, of course! I don't see what's wrong with that, it makes the show much more interesting with your genuine reactions," he giggled and scolded me to get out so I don't look suspicious.

-

"Y/n, are you okay?" Kokichi tilted his head side to side, showing his immature side again.

"Perfectly fine, just needed to let my stomach and esophagus throw out some bile that I couldn't digest," I spoke, indirectly explaining that I vomited- which didn't happen. Kokichi looked around and found that nobody was watching him, he quickly walked up to my face and held it lightly like a delicate flower.

"I was reaaallyy worried, you know?" He muttered soothingly with a voice crack during his muttering. I looked down at his eyes and saw his amethyst eyes looking back at me with worry and care like a puppy that had been in the pouring rain for so long.

"Kokichi, I can assure you... It's fine," I softly spoke and ruffled his hair gently, attempting to make him know that I was perfectly fine. "But we should probably investigate," I explained. Kokichi nodded and yanked out his tablet out of nowhere.

"The victim is the Ultimate Caregiver, Maki Harukawa. Her body was discovered in her dorm."

"What about the cause of death?!" Kaito yelled in confusion, soon everyone began whispering to each other with a mutual feeling. I shook my head and instantly went into investigation and so did Shuichi. He looked determined as we both went toward Maki's corpse.