Baggage (1)

"Am I gonna have to see Alex and Jackie all over each other at the bonfire this weekend?" Olivia questioned Paige and Ruby. 

"God, I hope not. They've been sickening since Thanksgiving." Ruby replied, rolling her eyes.

"Hey," Paige piped up, turning to the girls. "Did you girls wanna get ready at my place on Saturday? We could ride together." She offered.

"You're still going?" Olivia questioned slightly. "Will it not be wierd with both of them after last year?" 

"I'll see him there." Paige smirked. "Besides, I've been dying for you to do my hair with that wand thing." Paige laughed.

"Oh, yeah." Olivia chuckled. 

-

"So, tell me about this bonfire thing. I heard it's kind of a big deal here." Jackie asked Skylar and Grace at the library.

"Okay. Try a huge deal." Grace corrected. 

"Seriously." Skylar nodded. 

"You're going with Alex, right?" Grace confirmed.

"Yeah." Jackie smiled. 

"Do you think you guys are gonna... You know." Grace winked, causing Skylar to laugh. 

"What? No. No. Why would you think that?" Jackie rambled. 

"Tons of people hook up at the bonfire." Skylar explained. 

"Like, everyone." Grace added. 

"Yeah, it's, like, a thing." Skylar nodded. 

"Well, no, not us. We're not there yet. Like, we're not even close to it." Jackie explained, stopping at the raised eyebrows she received from the two. "What?" She questioned. 

"Yeah, right." Grace laughed. 

"Are you sure about that?" Skylar countered. 

"You guys do seem pretty close." Grace explained.

"Yeah, and if that's how you are in public, in private, okay." Skylar laughed, as Jackie sent him a shocked look. 

"Okay, Alex has got to chill on the PDA." Jackie sighed. 

"Are you not into it? Because if you're not..." Skylar explained. 

"No. No, it's... it just feels a little extra. Right? In public?" Jackie clarified. 

"Way public." Grace nodded. 

"True." Skylar laughed.

"He was not like this at all over winter break, or when we're at home." Jackie thought aloud.

"Really?" Skylar asked. 

"'Cause he wasn't like this with Paige either." Grace rambled. 

"He wasn't. I was just about to say." Skylar nodded, turning to Grace to gossip. 

"I've never seen Alex like this." Grace added. 

"Wait, what?" Jackie whisper shouted, stopping the two in their conversation. "Alex and Paige used to date?" 

"Yeah, I mean, I'm pretty sure she was Alex's first." Grace explained quickly.

"Girlfriend! First girlfriend." Skylar coughed. 

"I don't know why he didn't tell me." Jackie frowned, leaning back in her chair. 

"Probably because of Cole." Grace added, looking down at her book. 

"What about Cole?" Jackie questioned. 

"Um... You know..." Skylar started, unsure how to proceed.

"Well, they hooked up, right?" Grace continued her gossip. "So I'm sure Alex is just trying to prove something, especially now you guys are together."