Happily Ever After (1)

Bex wandered through the house, her clipboard firmly in her hand as she took note of the wedding deliveries as they arrived. After thanking Lee and Isaac for carrying in the table decorations, she made her way into the kitchen. She observed George with an apron on, brows furrowed in concentration as he worked on his batter.

"How's it going?" She smiled as she sat up on the counter. 

"Well, I think this is my best batch ever." He smiled back at her, grabbing a spoon. "You wanna try it?" 

"Uh, cupcake batter? Yeah, I want to try." She beamed back at him, taking the spoon out of his hand and tasting the batter. 

"All right." George chuckled. "Be honest." 

"Wow. Is that lemon?" Bex asked, savouring the taste of the cupcake mix. 

"Well, that's the easy one. What else is in there?" 

"Mmm." She pondered, her eyes widening slightly. "Lavender?" 

"Impressive." George smiled. "The boys are terrible at that." 

"It's delicious, George." 

"Thank you." He smiled. 

"There is no way we are gonna be ready for this wedding tomorrow." Katherine groaned as she walked through the door, several grocery bags in hand. 

"Katherine, it'll be fine." Bex reassured as she jumped off the counter to help with the bags. 

"Oh, you think?" Katherine sighed. 

"Yes, everything is under control." George laughed as he continued his baking.

"Okay. Well, then can one of you please remind me why I said we could do this here?" Katherine replied, her stress evident. 

"Because our son asked us." George laughed.

"Yep, I remember that." Katherine laughed. 

"And because Bex said she'd organize it." George smiled, pointing to the girl across the counter.

"Yes, and for that I will be eternally grateful." Katherine placed a kind hand on Bex's shoulder as she smiled. 

"Don't worry. Organizing is my jam." Bex beamed. 

-

"I bet Richard's apartment is gonna be sweet." Danny chuckled to himself as he grabbed his bags to start packing. His flight for New York leaving early the following morning once the wedding was over. 

"Yeah, you're gonna be living it up with the hipsters." Cole groaned, lying across his bed, his head resting on the palm of his hand as he watched his twin. 

"I... I don't think hipsters live on the Upper West Side." Danny replied, his back turned away. When he was met with the short silence, he turned around to face his brother. "You okay?" 

"Sure." Cole laughed. "I mean, you're going to New York. Alex has a place at training camp. Will's getting married. And I'm doing... what? Struggling with getting Bex to even look at me."  he sighed.

"Come on, man. You've got so much going for you." Danny countered.

"Like?" Cole raised an eyebrow.

"You know, the great American road trip." He offered

"Oh, yeah." Cole scoffed.

"Cruising down the highway, wind blowing through your hair. You know, just living it free and easy." Danny acted as he spoke.