The Cole Effect (2)

"Hi, honey." Katherine smiled from the kitchen counter as Will entered the house the following morning.

"Hey. Is Cole around?" Will questioned, eager to find his younger brother after a certain conversation at the garage.

"I think he's still in bed." Katherine smiled back, handing Parker a carrot stick.

"Okay. Thank you." Will smiled, turning to head up the stairs.

"You might need a crowbar." Katherine called out.

"Noted." Will laughed, reaching the landing and approaching the twins door.

-

Bex woke up still held close by Cole, she turned to face him as he smiled down at her.

"Have you been watching me?" She teased the blonde.

"You just look so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you." He responded tiredly.

"What time is it?" Bex questioned, leaning up to look over Cole at the alarm clock. "Shit" 9.45am.

"Cole, you up?" Will knocked on the door sharply causing Cole to sit up as well. They both looked at each other panicked.

"Shit!" Bex whispered.

"Quick, get under the bed." Cole whispered back.

"No!" Cole replied back to his older brother groggily, getting back under the covers as Bex hid under his bed.

"Good morning!" Will chirped, throwing the blinds open as he barged into the room.

"Go away." Cole pleaded.

"Wakey, wakey. Come on!" Will teased, grabbing the covers and trying to pull them off the blonde, leaving him sat in his boxers.

"Tell me what I gotta do to make you leave me alone." Cole pleaded, snatching the covers back.

"Cover the cider cart?" Will smirked back at him.

"Good joke." Cole sighed, turning away from him.

"Do me a solid. I have to go to Lockwood for another showing." Will explained.

"And you just have to do it today." Cole groaned.

"Yeah. Yeah. I really do. Come on. Alex has no idea how to fix a crank when it jams, and it will jam. That thing was built in the 18th century." Will reminded.

"Alex is a big boy. I'm sure he can manage." Cole snarked.

"Cole, I'm not asking you to go to the game." Will countered.

"The whole damn day is about football, Will." Cole raised his voice, getting angered by the conversation.

"Okay. So... If the Broncos ever make it to another Super Bowl, you won't watch?" Will joked.

"Yeah, I'll cross that bridge if they get there." Cole snarked.

"I saw Tony earlier." Will changed topic, making Cole groan. "You're not going to college, Cole? Come on. What's going on?" He tried to pry.

"Don't say anything to Mom and Dad, okay? I'll do the stupid cart." Cole murmured, turning away from his brother.

Will left the room, defeated, allowing Bex to emerge from her hiding spot.

"You're not applying to College?" Bex questioned gently, sitting cross legged on the floor facing the boy who lay face first in his pillow.

"I don't know" he replied honestly.

"It's always been your dream to get out of here though." Bex countered.

"My parents cant afford tuition." He replied, letting out a sharp exhale. "And it's not like I'm getting a Football Scholarship now so I might as well make a living away by doing something off this stupid ranch." He sighed.