Thanksgiving (2)

"Sure this is okay?" Erin questioned as she walked into the Walter home.

"Yeah." Bex smiled reassuringly as they made their way towards the kitchen.

"H-Hey." Cole stuttered, seeing Bex enter with Erin.

"Hey." They both smiled back.

"Oh! You made it." Katherine called from the kitchen causing Richard to jump out of his hiding spot.

"Surprise!" He laughed. Walking up to Bex who was stuck in her position, a surprised look on her face. Cole noted it wasn't entirely happy. "I missed you." Richard smile, hugging the girl.

"Me too." She said quietly, hugging him back lightly.

"Hey, Erin. It's so great you could join us. Come on in." Katherine called, as she walked everyone into the kitchen. "Oh, hi!" She smiled, turning to Hayley as the back door opened.

"Hi! Happy Thanksgiving." She greeted, embracing Katherine in a hug.

"Happy Thanksgiving." George called from the oven.

"Thank you." She smiled back.

"Hey" Cole whispered in Bex's ear once they had space from everyone else. "You okay?" He questioned.

"Fine" She smiled weakly at him, resting her head on his shoulder once they sat down.

Cole wasn't convinced.

"How about I show you how to carve the turkey?" George asked a saddened Lee at the kitchen table.

"Do Cole and Danny know how?" Lee questioned.

"Would you trust those two with a knife like this?" He asked, revealing a large, sharp knife in a case. "Come on." he laughed, dragging the boy to the counter as Jackie and Richard left the room.

After a little small talk between the siblings and Erin, George called everyone.

"Okay, guys. Let's all, uh... Let's have a seat." He said, leading everyone to the table where Bex sat in between Katherine and Cole as she sat opposite Jackie who sat next to their Uncle. "I thought before we dive in, why don't we go around the table and share what we're thankful for this year?" George smiled from the head of the table.

"Cole, let's start with you?" Katherine smiled.

"Ok...Uh," Cole cleared his throat, moving to hold Bex's hand under the table discreetly. "I guess I'm grateful that the Broncos didn't actually wipe out this year." He laughed.

"I'm thankful for the long weekend and the chance to watch a bunch of movies." Danny continued.

"I'm just grateful that I didn't have to cook today, and you all should be too." Alex added, making the entire table laugh.

"I am grateful that I had a chance to find out more about the native day of mourning." Nathan continued, passing the turn to Lee who sat back on his seat with his arms crossed.

"I don't feel like it." He stated.

"Well, I'm grateful, um, that the ladies love me for my charm and my good looks, and we're both grateful to be a part of this family, right, Lee?" Isaac took over, elbowing his brother.

"And we love having you in it." Katherine smiled.

"I'm just grateful to be here. Thanks for having me." Erin smiled.

"You're welcome. Katherine beamed.

"I'm grateful for so many things. I mean, you guys, of course, but mostly Will." Hayley continued, sighing as she placed her napkin down. "I should go." She explained.